Newcastle V Sunderland

Go to solution Solved by TUFFTY,

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shearer gave away his testimonial money to charity, he has a disabled centre in newcastle that he funded and continues to fund, he sponsors many charities through golf tounaments and public appearance

Good to see Both sets of fans applauded in the 17th minute and absolutely magic to see the Sunderland manager wearing a Newcastle club jacket.   Well done Sunderland and there manager.

Smax without doubt you are the biggest twat on here. Fact

Some of the chants are howling but to me they are sacred, it's one if the last bastions of good old british gallows humour and long may it last......

Altogether now........"Always look on the run way for ice....dada.....dadadadada......"

• Like 1

Ffs I totally disagree.

So there lol lol

It changed after Hillsborough

Nearly 100 English football fans getting killed in an English football ground cant be compared to 1 random foreign footballer getting cancer,or 1 random teenager getting stabbed.

Its not just football that have these " Diana Moments " that fans are expected to observe either......good article this.

http://blogs.hud.ac.uk/academics/blog/2014/12/05/the-death-of-phillip-hughes-crickets-diana-moment/

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Ffs I totally disagree.

So there lol lol

It changed after Hillsborough

Nearly 100 English football fans getting killed in an English football ground cant be compared to 1 random foreign footballer getting cancer,or 1 random teenager getting stabbed.

Its not just football that have these " Diana Moments " that fans are expected to observe either......good article this.

http://blogs.hud.ac.uk/academics/blog/2014/12/05/the-death-of-phillip-hughes-crickets-diana-moment/

Was definitely definitely categorically not comparing.

I was saying after that tragic day .

It wasnt though mate.....look at the high profile deaths in the game in the early/mid 90,s.....Sir Matt Busby,Bob Paisley,Billy Wright.........God himself Bobby Moore.....there was no obligatory public over emotional minutes applause every week at 6 minutes for Bobby ....or any of the others.....................it was the Lady Di street applause that set the standard for obssessive public grieving.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

It wasnt though mate.....look at the high profile deaths in the game in the early/mid 90,s.....Sir Matt Busby,Bob Paisley,Billy Wright.........God himself Bobby Moore.....there was no obligatory public over emotional minutes applause every week at 6 minutes for Bobby ....or any of the others.....................it was the Lady Di street applause that set the standard for obssessive public grieving.

Your probably right, it just seems like that to me.

It wasnt though mate.....look at the high profile deaths in the game in the early/mid 90,s.....Sir Matt Busby,Bob Paisley,Billy Wright.........God himself Bobby Moore.....there was no obligatory public over emotional minutes applause every week at 6 minutes for Bobby ....or any of the others.....................it was the Lady Di street applause that set the standard for obssessive public grieving.[/quot

I've had a good think about this, Gnash, and come to the conclusion you are right! I did appreciate the Liverpool and Sundeland supporters at recent Newcastle games I attended, showing solidarity with us in remembering the murdered supporters, but I got thinking, what if I got shot down in a plane, would all the poachers, lampers, coursers, shooters, ferreters, et al, stop what they were doing and have a minutes silence/applaud for me.......maybe not !! LOL !!

• Like 1

Shearer is famous its easy to judge famous people...............its not so easy to judge a person nobody has ever heard of.....hence its always best to stick to the principal of judging famous people for what they are famous for in my opinion.

• Like 1

Shearer gave away his testimonial money to charity, he has a disabled centre in newcastle that he funded and continues to fund, he sponsors many charities through golf tounaments and public appearances, yes he comes over as boring, but he was certainly single minded in his job, whatever team he played for. I wish over paid shite like Ben Arfur were as professional. Shearer could have played for just about any big team in the world, he turned down Manchester United twice. He chose to play for Newcastle, in my mind, because he knew he would have far more say there, than in any other team. Was this selfish or just looking after his own career ? Who knows, but to call a man a "wanker" sounds like childish jealousy .

• Like 6

Max theres plenty of ex pros who enjoy a kick about with the locals thats nothing unusual......even ive played against Teddy Sherringham,Johnny Moncur,Martin Allen a few times in jumpers for goalposts games over Lloyds Park as we knew a few of the same people.....ok they wasnt up to my standard but we gave them a kick now and again :D ......obviously your not going to get big name players like|Shearer turning out for their local pub sides they would be swamped,doesnt mean they wouldnt want to though.

Edited by gnasher16