Newcastle V Sunderland

Go to solution Solved by TUFFTY,

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shearer gave away his testimonial money to charity, he has a disabled centre in newcastle that he funded and continues to fund, he sponsors many charities through golf tounaments and public appearance

Good to see Both sets of fans applauded in the 17th minute and absolutely magic to see the Sunderland manager wearing a Newcastle club jacket.   Well done Sunderland and there manager.

Smax without doubt you are the biggest twat on here. Fact

I think its vile all this obssessive football family overly emotional nonsense i think i counted 3 different minutes applause tributes in 1 half of football between supposed rivals :blink: .......maybe all this soft and loving togetherness is what our society wants these days but to me rivalries are healthy in sport im glad i still support a club whos rivals despise us as we do them !

• Like 2

I think its vile all this obssessive football family overly emotional nonsense i think i counted 3 different minutes applause tributes in 1 half of football between supposed rivals :blink: .......maybe all this soft and loving togetherness is what our society wants these days but to me rivalries are healthy in sport im glad i still support a club whos rivals despise us as we do them !

Gnasher, its got bugger all to do with rivalries.

A death of any good football supporter in horrid circumstances brings All football supporters together as one.

• Like 1

Gnasher, its got bugger all to do with rivalries.

A death of any good football supporter in horrid circumstances brings All football supporters together as one.

Rubbish,down here there would of been a terrace chant made of it !......Of course its a tragic situation for the lads families and nothing wrong with their club paying respects but whats it got to do with any other club :blink: ......all these minutes applause tributes every week in games up and down the country are just another way in which the popularity of sport is used as a voice for societies issues.....no different to racism/sexism that are nothing to do with sport either !

Gnasher ive got to say u surprise me on this... Geez it was good to see for once..

Its not once its every week grounds go into random minutes applause where away fans stand around saying " whats all this about "....................dont you go to football ?

Gnasher ive got to say u surprise me on this... Geez it was good to see for once..

Its not once its every week grounds go into random minutes applause where away fans stand around saying " whats all this about "....................dont you go to football ?

Like myself .. Your from a different time mate ..

Edited by yorkshire
  • Like 1

I remember being at a game last year West Brom or Villa i think it was,we asked a few of their fans what the minutes applause was for they didnt have a clue,turned out a 16 year old local girl had been stabbed the week before so on 16 minutes they had a minutes applause :blink: .......i swear some of these fans have a quick look through the obituaries on a Friday to decide what display of public mourning they can perform on a saturday !.....The days of trading insults on the terraces when people were a bit more thick skinned are being replaced with these public grief rituals of obssessive emotional etiquette that when clubs like my own wont follow sheeplike are regarded as cold hearted animals !......I detest Spurs but i admire their fans approach when the club took the stance that they would ban any fan caught singing " the Yid " song.....they wasnt willing to bow to societies dogooders and sung it louder and prouder than ever and continue to do so with the attitude of " its our song they cant ban all of us ".

Grief should be private not a public obligation my heart go,s out to those Geordie lads families but being proper fans which i believe they were i think they would understand exactly what im saying and not hold football as a sport responsible for societies inadequecies ;)

Rant complete :D

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Get this someone sent me :D

October 6th 2004

West Brom vs. QPR makes history,as it is the first match to have a minute of applause in tribute for the entire game,starting with an 1st minute applause to show solidarity with a supporter who had stepped on a Lego brick without any socks on,and concluding with the traditional 93rd minute applause to commemorate the time the club ran out of pies before half time.

The match finished 6 - 5 to West Brom but nobody really noticed,as they were too busy frantically trying to clap louder than the person next to them to prove just how respectful they could be.

• Like 3

Get this someone sent me :D

October 6th 2004

West Brom vs. QPR makes history,as it is the first match to have a minute of applause in tribute for the entire game,starting with an 1st minute applause to show solidarity with a supporter who had stepped on a Lego brick without any socks on,and concluding with the traditional 93rd minute applause to commemorate the time the club ran out of pies before half time.

The match finished 6 - 5 to West Brom but nobody really noticed,as they were too busy frantically trying to clap louder than the person next to them to prove just how respectful they could be.

Pmsl, nearly chocked on me mince pie then lol lol

so you wont bd wanting that millwall shirt for xmas then lol lol