Big Old Dog Fox

if that fox is 22 lbs and if the head is ok I would taxidermy , you most likely will never see one that size again . had the biggest fox ive ever seen this season , should of weighed it , I don't reckon he was far from 20 lbs , if I could of seen how big it was would of let it run , shame really if it was on shoot would of had too kill it , like too see strong uns too add too healthy stock

• Like 2

What's a sounder, sorry for asking lol, dogs 4now and works well below ground I lost two dogs last season so I have two pups on the go now for next season what I am trying to bring on , I have two false earths on some land which drag the tails of the foxes through to get them going down, some have block ends so pups have to learn to back up, and some have tight spots , it works well I think it does ,

if that fox is 22 lbs and if the head is ok I would taxidermy , you most likely will never see one that size again . had the biggest fox ive ever seen this season , should of weighed it , I don't reckon he was far from 20 lbs , if I could of seen how big it was would of let it run , shame really if it was on shoot would of had too kill it , like too see strong uns too add too healthy stock

i do the same, dug a monster back end of last season a real good hill fox that really tested my little bitch. i couldnt kill such a fine specimen and let it run in the hope it would breed his size and gameness into a set of cubs, didnt think no more of it until i was on a spot on the same patch of land the other week and broke through to my mates dog at 3 ft at the shape end of a big old dark dog fox that was bringing the fight to my mates terrier, lifted the dog and had a look at old red and im 90% sure it was the same fox i dug last year, any way dropped my bitch in the same spot been that time of year to see if he have a vixen in with him and out she came like a rocket

fingers crossed for a nice set of cubs this summer :thumbs:

• Like 2