Nuttalls Copper

its a major fault in these bloodline in my opinion and more trouble than they worth. If it hadn't been for my mrs who put a lot of time into the dog I kept a don't believe he would of ever worked. I was close to culling the dog several times purely based on his temperament.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandson to copper , larger than the nuttal stuff of today and has a little bit more of a bully structure ?

Why do people pertuate shit like this . I despise nervous dogs personally.The type that cower and won't comeback do my head in .Thankfully not a trait I've seen for many a year but I know certain blac

Gonna guess ur talking about the litter of taz, I had 1 choc dog,. He would be bout four now dead a  Couple of years(cave in) he wasn’t fighty, don’t get me wrong if a dog started on him it would be a

Posted Images

• 3 years later...

No disrespect intended mate but all that dog needed was work and plenty of it .Had the same for years with the Wheeler dog and his direct offspring but working  them hard steadied all that .Im' not condoning dog aggression but it can be channelled to make it liveable .If I'd pts everything like that I'd have nothing now .A tired dog got no interest in anything but sleep .

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Bullshit. The right ones are fine together, I have 5 out everyday. I've got mates that have 10+ together permanently almost and kept in check they're fine.

Patterdales aren't some mini head case Pitbull.

Spot on that. Ive seen videos of nuttal must be walking twenty plus terriers all off leash and they were well behaved from what i remember. 

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1

All black dogs arnt made the same either and those that do show the dog aggression need plenty of work to keep them sane .Nowadays I won' t tolerate  it but dont mean I wouldn't keep one , years ago i had no choice and lived with it putting the work into them to keep the peace .Black dogs are different I don't care what  anyone says and is the reason why  i keep them .They are quick to fire up as anyone who has seen a sudden  change in a pack  will attest to .Ie a dog missing or a new member .Those that run a large pack free take for granted they are good dog men and have control even though it may look mayhem to an outsider ,nipping any unpleasantries firmly in the bud before it escalates .My own battles started when I tried to keep two studs at home both well aware of bitches seasons  and whos turn it was,jealous as hell when I went near one kennel and not the other .They were a  wheeler bred dog and a Nuttal x wheeler son .I soon learned to keep them knackered and asleep .Had to let a mate have the son in the end for my own sanity. Stud dogs used regularly for linings are a different animal to those used occasionally as anyone doing so will agree to .Testosterone fuelled fights are the worst I've ever seen .

Unless a lad has travelled and seen other yards ,seen plenty of interactions ,then it' s not really fair to comment on the general disposition of a breed .

I know the signs to look for and can stop most trouble before it starts, body pushing ,eye rolling and lip movement to mention a few .

To cull a dog for being dog aggressive just seemed extreme to me but I've lived with it whilst many haven't.  Iv'e a bitch here now that is as placid as can be at home with 3 other dogs ( have the daughters lurcher and terrier days now )  but out walking she will turn on an unknown  dog in seconds .

Sermon over 

• Like 2