Ammo For A 10/22T

I have recently acquired a 10/22 target rifle on the shop owners advice i also bought some rws subs and some cci mini mags both of which cycle fine I did try some Winchester subs but they jammed every time. What are people putting through their semi auto's with good results atb Roy

• Like 1

I have recently acquired a 10/22 target rifle on the shop owners advice i also bought some rws subs and some cci mini mags both of which cycle fine I did try some Winchester subs but they jammed every time. What are people putting through their semi auto's with good results atb Roy

Sounds like a feature of your 10/22. But all rifles can be fussy, even 2 straight off the production line next to each other can favour different ammo.

The Winchester is a staple of the 10/22 (and the Eley), a pal of mine has had a 10/22 longer than I can remember and swears by the Winchester.

Just a chance you have a bad batch, there have been some dire reports recently about Winchester production.

If the gun is used then I would suggest a thorough strip and clean regardless!

My pimped up and outrageously expensive Volquartsen custom 10/22 used nothing but eley subs and at 40 meters they all went in the same hole. Don't get me started on the magazines though.... That's the reason I now shoot a cz bolt action.

apart from testing it when I got home its not allowed out of the cabinet until Christmas day.I have already bought extra magazine's and ordered bits off the Internet, watched loads of YouTube video on how to strip, clean and improve the action and a little voice in the back of my mind is saying "Why the f**k didn't you just walk out of the shop with the nice cz varmint just above it". Atb Roy

My pimped up and outrageously expensive Volquartsen custom 10/22 used nothing but eley subs and at 40 meters they all went in the same hole. Don't get me started on the magazines though.... That's the reason I now shoot a cz bolt action.

I found the primers in the eleys were very gritty ( silica I believe) and consistently fouled the rotary mags in my AMT. I then changed to rws subs and cleaned the inside of the mags with cockpit shine. Result, first mag I put over 70 shots through it with no feed up probs.

apart from testing it when I got home its not allowed out of the cabinet until Christmas day.I have already bought extra magazine's and ordered bits off the Internet, watched loads of YouTube video on how to strip, clean and improve the action and a little voice in the back of my mind is saying "Why the f**k didn't you just walk out of the shop with the nice cz varmint just above it". Atb Roy

you know you wont hardly use it as you will be out with the 17 hmr .merry xmas ade. :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: