Fourtrak Modifications

I bought a daihatsu fourtrak last week and now that I've got some decent tyres on it ( general grabber at's) I'm after some advice on things that I can do to improve its performance off road.

Any suggestions would be great.

The obvious one seems to be to lift it. Is a lift kit worth it? If so how high?

Thanks

cheers guys. any recommended 3 inch lift kits? been looking at bloodredoffroad but they only do a 2inch.

ferretkent12g i bought 255 70 r15 grabber AT's. There were two already on the back wheels so i just complete the set. Iv had them in the past and they seem to do the trick pretty well so far especially as i do quite a bit of on road driving on them. I towed a pretty heavily laden trailer up a wet muddy hill (not super steep) with just the back two AT tyres last week so the've been pretty good so far, now i have the full set it should be much better. Back out tomorrow so i guess ill see how much difference my 215 quid made.

I dont think ill have much use for a snorkel as i havent had to go through water yet.

Much difference from the K&N ?

cheers

Sorry I should of put that iv got 2" suspension lift and a 1" body lift as if you got too high you need to extend the brake hoses( don't know if this is the same on yours ) il have a look at the name on my suspension tomorrow as I can't remember the name.

The k&n filter for me just makes a more noise when you put your foot down but I put it on with the snorkel as more of a cold air feed.

Yeah I'm talking silly steep hills and I'm comparing the grip to the insa turbos that are on my jimny.

I got the at's as I do a lot of road use driving to shoots and permissions.

Best of luck tho mate ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate,

Iv got a daihatsu sportrak and iv done a 3inch lift and locking hubs.

What size tyres did you get? Iv got BFG at's in 31x10.50 15".

Also i put a snorkel and k&n filter.

But all terrain are not good when it comes to a steep muddy hills.

Mine's pretty much similar to this too and is great