Deerhound Greyhound Collie Greyhound

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go dinosaurs

Just some more snaps of my bitch that i posted above.. deer grey collie grey think shes 25 inch tall

The Deerhound/Greyhound/Collie combination is a real favorite of mine... I've bred and used them in the past,..never had a problem with them picking up rabbits... Obviously, you want them ou

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, ferret333 said:

Just some more snaps of my bitch that i posted above.. deer grey collie grey think shes 25 inch tall

ruby lamp.jpg

ruby n barny.jpg

ruby with rabbit.jpg

Identical to a bitch called Spider I got in 2000,showing good signs until she was stolen, my cousin used to have a few about him but not spoke in Probably 10 yr or more.... Nice bitch that mate?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2018 at 16:33, Phil Lloyd said:

The Deerhound/Greyhound/Collie combination is a real favorite of mine...:victory:

I've bred and used them in the past,..never had a problem with them picking up rabbits...

Obviously, you want them out early,.14 weeks or so,.wandering around the warrens and learning to negotiate ditches, woodland brash, etc,..and let them learn how to work their quarry,..use their gears,..and agility... If you allow big dogs to turn into stiff old straight liners,..they will do so...

Nice hybrids, .. it is all over for me now, but I've still got great memories of walking by night with them... :thumbs:

File0095.jpg.f4d4f2476f58ebc369f9f972ea832a43.jpg

Ive owned a few and i wish i had my time again to own a few more,many of us where about when this type of lurcher was readily available and a few of us have a fondness for what they brought and bring to the kennel.Its a sad reflection of the lurcherworld now that this type of lurcher slipped from popularity as standards and traditions dropped.This type was a lurchermans lurcher and the popular lurcher types now are a better reflection of the era we live in and a truer type of lurcher is no longer really appreciated now.

• Like 8