Pigs in Pembrokeshire?

Hi guys,

was out for a walk a few weeks ago, on national park land near Barafundle bay in pembrokeshire, and we came across some patches of ground where the turf had been stripped clean of all the turf. It looked like something had been moyling around in patches about 2-3 metres in diameter.

Now, I know next to f**k all about boars, but is this a sign of a boar digging around for something? I havn't heard of any round here, but there's miles & miles of woodland and open fields where we were, and I can't think of any other animal that would leave marks like that. Any sugestions?

Sorry mate i dont know because thats not mine, i put mine away and went and fetched the truck, that belonged to the guest we had with us.................eddie...............

edited to add a pic of a big boar that turned up one night

SUNP0046-1.jpg

Edited by apollo
Sorry mate i dont know because thats not mine, i put mine away and went and fetched the truck, that belonged to the guest we had with us.................eddie...............

edited to add a pic of a big boar that turned up one night

SUNP0046-1.jpg

Where you from mate? PM me your details as I'd be interested in a day out...... :clapper:

you must be jokeing they wont even take there old mate out (vince)

vince you got more ground with them on than us, get one of them cameras and you will see exactly whats out there mate..

We have to use a .308 as they wont grant it without one, getting boar on your ticket can be an up hill struggle, you can see how many are around there and last jan the police said what would we want a .308 for as there werent any pigs on the land, they dont like admitting to it.............eddie

If you were to hit them with a decent size round in the right place you would do the trick but and this is a big BUT there are loads of fat on them over here almost two inches on the big sow we shot, so if you were to hit it in the wrong place with a .22 centrefire im sure you would have problems...... eddie ......