Pup's Diet - Bones??

so why boil them lol

because if you haven't the freezer space to freeze them for 2 weeks to kill tape worm then boiling them will kill the tape worm cyst

Feed mine rabbit straight from the field regularly. Never boil or freeze.

Where are the tape worm cysts likely to be?

Tapeworm cysts are normally in the liver or intestine but you can have them intramuscular ... So in the meat ... You can normally see them in a horrible looking fluidy sack but that is at the later stage in the early stages you wouldn't see anything but if you fed it to the dogs it would still cause tapeworm etc .......

• 2 weeks later...

lads i feed rabbit to my dogs not all the time but every now and again their diet is mostly minced chicken carcuss/necks but as to reguards the rabbit i feed it raw and fresh without freezing so am i causeing a problem for the dogs with the tapeworms dogs are wormed every 3 months

Edited by springer

All mine have gone straight onto chicken wings and turkey necks as soon as I've brought them home at eight weeks or so. Gives them a great work out at that age but within months it's just crunch, gulp, crunch, gulp...finished!

• Like 2

lads i feed rabbit to my dogs not all the time but every now and again their diet is mostly minced chicken carcuss/necks but as to reguards the rabbit i feed it raw and fresh without freezing so am i causeing a problem for the dogs with the tapeworms dogs are wormed every 3 months

Best to freeze the rabbit for about 3 weeks to kills all parasites/worms etc and then defrost and feed to dog mate - always best to be in safe side ;)

• Like 2