Dog Found In Liverpool Please Read This Members

Dont know if this is the right place to post this but anyway, I visited Sainsburys on Rice Lane, Walton Liverpool @ around 8.30 pm. I walked in the store and seen a couple of the staff with a Lurcher, I commented on the dog, and said she was a cracker. Then as I walked round the store looking for some reduced meats ,veg,fish etc for my dog one of the saff was asking if anyone wanted a dog? So I says is that the dog at the door, he says yes. So payed for my items and asked the girls at the doorabout the dog.

They had put a collar and lead on her and didnt know what to do with her, so I phoned a mate who lives close by and he said he would keep hold of her till the morning, but she was scratching his doors, so I have now I have her in my house so ive had to crate her and doesnt look like I will be getting no sleep lol.

She could be Bull X Whippet?. Just took her out for a walk to relieve herself on a field and she has just chased after 3 rabbits. Also following their scent over field. So I think she may have been worked before... By the look of her nipples she looks like she may of had pups recently but looks in good shape, considering. Hope she hasn't just been dumped, because she could make someone happy.

The girl in Sainsburys said she had belonged to a drinker and he dont care about her but I am not sure about that one. When I took her in my car, she looks like she was used to being in one. More comfortable in the car than the house to be honest. Will go and see the girl again tomorow I remember she had a badge with her name Megan on, but cant see her being on the early shift as she must of been on till 10pm.

I have heard that there has been travelling folk staying over the road, well opposite Sainsburys on the old Walton Hospital car park, so maybe she could be from there, but someone told me they are no longer there.

So if anyone knows this dog on THL get in touch ASAP. As I will have to take her up to a Vet I know who will scan for microchip in the morning.

Can anyone advise me what could I do with her?

I can not keep her no longer than tonight or I would of.

Dont want to give her to dog warden and the owner gets charged(thats If they still want her?)

Dont know whether people will able to share this link or retweet on twitter but I will put it anyway

pic.twitter.com/l9BrxazjRd

Here is a pic of her I will load more

20141211_211815-1_zps2b271f21.jpg

Edited by flipbull

Looks well cared for mate,did it have that collar on when you found her ? Its a decent thing you done there, best of luck finding the owner, try the police and see if anyone has reported losing a dog, wm

The girls in Sainsburys put the collar and lead on her WC. I will try police in the morning. Yeah mate she is a solid strong dog and she cant half run. Come back to me no problem when I had her out. Its hard work mate I got my 17 week old pup upstairs and he knows she is here the little fooker. She sitting quiet in his crate at the moment, but doesnt look very pleased being in there :hmm:

She does look like she been well looked after and has had plenty of excersise and she had a dump when she was out so she's had a scran.

Edited by flipbull

Fair play to you flip bull, take care pal, atb.

Cheers mate, just hope I can find her owner, dont want to have her put in kennels. I have only just got my first Lurcher and only get out with 2 mates who have older dogs. So dont really know many peolpe involved with Lurchers yet, who could take her on, thats if no one claims her. So if any members can give me any ADVICE ASAP it would be appreciated.

Edited by flipbull

I will try Sainsurys again in the morning and see if anyone reported her. Sorry I havent put all this in one post because its been a rush job. I will be taking her up to the vets about 10.30am to see if she is chipped and try to get them to hold her as long as possibe. I will be looking on here throughout the day for any advice, depending on how much shut eye I get tonight :blink: :blink: . Also if any members, especially around the Liverpool area can share this with friends would be greatly appreciated :thumbs: .

If anyone wants to phone me who has any good advice or knows this dog, instead of writing back and forth pm me your number or I can pm you mine.

Edited by flipbull

I like that dog looks very nice I personally would keep it a week and just stick an ad of some sort in the local shops and so on failing all that you have a new dog and find her the best home you can f**k the rspca and vets they will only pts