3/4 Collie 1/4 Greyhound

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well just a wee short story, A past mate of mine in the mid 70s, mated a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie over a first cross collie grey, he wanted me to take a pup off him and I said, you are only breeding rabbit

This is the sire a dog that takes all quarry on all ground ,and with a prey drive that would put any cross to shame. He is at home on big land , woodland, dales or mountains. But his tump card is his

Heavily saturated Collie crosses ain't for many people when it comes to a hunting companion..no they ain't going to impress on the Fens or on them big bunnies in the main but just about ANY other type

Posted Images

I've only had one collie-saturated dog (as opposed to my current purebreds) though he was a Hancock bred 3/4 collie 1/4 greyhound sired by Richard Jones out of Linnet and born in the late 80s. He had great stamina and constitution, enough speed for Cumbrian rabbits and a lovely, easy-going temperament. I know I'm obviously fairly biased (now working pure sheep/cattle dogs) but a 3/4 collie type is the only thing that would tempt me away from my prick eared mongrels.

As mentioned above...great thread and some stunning "mongrels!" :thumbs:

• Like 4

handy bushing dogs and for working hill land in most type of weathers ,i prefer them with more pace for large arable land but would be handy stud dogs that type ,to put into greyhoundy types , to get strong feet and for easy training

My litter of pups sired by Ian claytons (torchie) Dan to my 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie out of Typp Ratchers Arri

I chose Ian's dog because of the lineage this dog carries also to put some more collie and bone density into the litter.

Ian's dog is featured on simon whitheads new DVD which there is a link on this site to view,the sire is 9/10 year old and stil working the dales with torchie. You may see simon with 1 of the pups through out the summer I believe he will be attempting to use his pup in some of his ferreting demonstrations. All of the pups have been given to people who I know will test these pups to the full so hopefully they will perform for there new owners. Thanks to collie John and Ian for your support in letting me use Dan and the help in whelping the litter. John good luck to you and Adam with your pups.

Also lets not forget the late great dog man Typp who bred my bitch teasel I hope he is looking down and approves

I know his partner Rose does ! Yours in sport TP

• Like 6

i never met typ ,but he kept a type of dog that was well to coliesh for me but nice dogs all the same ,,some through nice tho , i like a dog with pace that can pressurise from the word go as there aint no hiding place on winter wheat ,were they run strong ,,its good to see the lines still going ,saw several collie types at the old national feild trails , when scotland ,england, wales went head to head ,at one part of lurcher work rabbiting, good crack and lasting memories , hope the pups turn out well

• Like 1

Thanks fluff ! I kept a few fast dogs myself in the past, things change though and these days just find I want to have a mooch about with them. Also like a nights lamping and the odd days ferreting. Horses for courses as they say. Atb TP

06ba07242dd3ef8c41c1661ae987572b_zpsa98a Dan

He looks like just the dog to go to a 3/4 bictch I look forward to following the pups.

This was my 5/8 3/8 arri pup. He was a great young dog with an excellent turn of pace. Unfortunately i lost him to a hunting accident.

post-23657-0-06617400-1418929006_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I,ve got the black bitch out of the litter she will be 8 weeks this sunday, she is a very bright pup, like i said earlier on this thread, there is nothing out there ofthis quality lineage being bred,infact there aint alot of genuine collie greyhounds being bred out there. regards collie john.

Edited by colliejohn
  • Like 1

I,ve got the black bitch out of the litter she will be 8 weeks this sunday, she is a very bright pup, like i said earlier on this thread, there is nothing out there ofthis quality lineage being bred,infact there aint alot of genuine collie greyhounds being bred out there. regards collie john.

How do you know? Is it that EVERYONE breeding Collie Greyhound crosses contacts you to let you know and if they do how do you then go about verifying they're genuine or not? Just curious.

• Like 2