Sign in to follow this  
the big chief

Where Have They Gone

Here's a blade from Riohog that I had a play around with, it's ash with red micarta spacers, finished with tru-oil, 4F201CE2-D6EB-480A-902C-1609B66D7AE4.jpg

361FD6B8-08E3-4BD9-80F1-8A30C3C19450.jpg

676707FF-F529-432A-A09C-964D88D7B396.jpg

harry invest in some new socks :laugh::thumbs:

FFS get away with nowt on here LOL :laugh:

Good thread gaffer , I've sold over 650 blanks (I bet it's more) in the last 4 years , loads to folks on here . There used to be loads of creative work in this section , I'd love to see it revived ..

Iv got a gun to my head with Xmas killing trade for a few months for me , so apologise for not sharing more . New year and another new workshop for me (forge didn't work out) new logo and a totally new approach to business .

There will be lots to share , new products , how the work is done , you name it .

I make deciying stuff (pigeon ) all sorts of other inventions when I have time . I should attempt to pass that on really .

Look forward to seeing more from you guys ..

All the best , Matt

• Like 3

Brilliant !! I need something turning (knife handle) in making my lad a throughout knife (it's massive) but need a simple hard handle for it !!

Bloody iPhone 6 I'm amazed you understood that !

Because it's a chucking knife I reckon it need to be tough old wood , I think even this its blade heavy it's going to land handle first and take some punishment .

It's a stick tang so needs to be bored out of that's possible to ?

Waiting on a few bits to arrive and there will be a few sticks made tops will be antler and goat horn maybe buffalo horn too but we will see how good I make them

Was going to post some pics of my previous woodturnings but thought I may as well just go and make something, so this is what I did this afternoon.

Local yew felled last winter but had been dead standing for a year or so before, was hard as hell 😁😁

post-95959-0-90095900-1418592675_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Was going to post some pics of my previous woodturnings but thought I may as well just go and make something, so this is what I did this afternoon.Local yew felled last winter but had been dead standing for a year or so before, was hard as hell

fantastic work mate!