Welly Boot Review

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aigle ... I wear mine nearly everyday in the winter and I find them spot on ........

Call those mens wellies? These are mens wellies:

That's a classic and common hole in aigle wellies ... It happens when a massive fat foot is squeezed into a boot meant for normal humans not a shreck look alike .........

Posted Images

For wellies that keep your feet warm & are super strong, with super grips.. All be it a tad heavy for fairys.

Dunlop purofort. Had them all , hunter, le chams, muck etc & il never buy another pair other than the dunlops

Spot on Ali, i really dont know what folk do in other types to keep em so long, because they all jib when the going gets tough but i've given my Puroforts some real stick and they look like they'll last forever. I'll never buy anything else now either. ;)

For wellies that keep your feet warm & are super strong, with super grips.. All be it a tad heavy for fairys.

Dunlop purofort. Had them all , hunter, le chams, muck etc & il never buy another pair other than the dunlops

Spot on Ali, i really dont know what folk do in other types to keep em so long, because they all jib when the going gets tough but i've given my Puroforts some real stick and they look like they'll last forever. I'll never buy anything else now either. ;)

puraforts get my vote to ..... im never out of my wellies and these are the only make that have lasted .. concrete , oil , grease horse and cow shit and piss ... nothing seems to harm them , wont buy nothing else now
  • Like 1

Had a pair of Dunlop wildlife deluxe boots the ones with the lace up fronts they are made out of P. U. light as a feather and tougher than the natural rubber wellies they lasted 8 years until I walked alongside a freshly cut blackthorn hedge and a thick sharp blackthorn attached to a piece of twig went straight through the side and into my foot, I sometimes walked over 20 miles on a long day out, I must have walked a few thousand miles in these boots and plenty of that was on the road and the soles looked hardly worn, bought a second pair and they were 40 quid more than the first pair after 10 months use one of them opened up down the seam on the heel, think I'll be sticking with the boots and gaiters from now on

• 2 weeks later...

Aigle ... I wear mine nearly everyday in the winter and I find them spot on ........

Mine perished after 18 months.

JMO but 18 months is a long time for any pair of wellies. I wear them every single day and bought a pair of Hunter Balmorals a few days ago.

Watch this space, LOL.

• Like 1

I have the Puroforts for work. Great boot, tough, your about 2" off the ground the sole is so thick, so the cold's well away from your feet and they're neoprene lined. They are a little heavy but ok for an hour or two walking in. My Aigles are fecked now so I might get some Puroforts for my own personal use. Compared to the Puroforts, the Aigle look very lightweight and flimsy.

Seeland neopreen 18" cost about £50, I wear them every day in the season the uppers have lasted brilliantly trough bramble , blackthorn and the odd barbed wire fence, the only letdown is the sole which has been pierced by flint (sealed with aqua sure, and a pair of sealskinz socks) but that's hardly surprising seeing the ground I traips over, the dogs at forever splitting pads

Mine perished after 18 months.

JMO but 18 months is a long time for any pair of wellies. I wear them every single day and bought a pair of Hunter Balmorals a few days ago.

Watch this space, LOL.

I ware mine every day Neil, they havent worn much at all TBH but i wouldnt have expected them to perish, never had a pair of wellies perish before, i,v split them, worn them out but not had the rubber perished.

Seeland neopreen 18" cost about £50, I wear them every day in the season the uppers have lasted brilliantly trough bramble , blackthorn and the odd barbed wire fence, the only letdown is the sole which has been pierced by flint (sealed with aqua sure, and a pair of sealskinz socks) but that's hardly surprising seeing the ground I traips over, the dogs at forever splitting pads

What are the seeland ones like sizewise Bruce, did you buy your shoe size or go one bigger, cheers.