Heat Lamps

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

" Work em hard,..and treat em like heroes"...

Mate I'm no electrision,,,and wouldn't attempt to wire a cable up to a proper light switch,,,,,,but you can just use an extension cable,,,,   It's all I have done,,,,drill a hole through my back doo

Can you spoil / make a dog soft ? that's out in all weathers ,every hour of the day/night ? I don't think so ....Any thing that can make my dogs life better and recovery quicker I will use ...

They don't need heat lamps or bedding a dry draft free wooden box does them fine. No heat lamp on the field sat round a warren in the middle of winter is there.

dont need bedding ssh , you try sleep on a wooden floor in your house see how good it feels
  • Like 3

They don't need heat lamps or bedding a dry draft free wooden box does them fine. No heat lamp on the field sat round a warren in the middle of winter is there.

dont need bedding ssh , you try sleep on a wooden floor in your house see how good it feels

They don't NEED bedding does them no harm at all, yes beddings a comfort but its not needed it won't kill a dog to sleep on a wooden surface.

My dog is in a 20ft x 12ft garage with an ibc tank as a kennel heat lamp hangs level with top of ibc and is on 24/7 if its a real cold nite I also put a blow heater on a timer through the nite to take the chill off it can get very cold in a stone built garage.

Running dog without some form of bedding for any period = bed sores which can be serious, I think most would agree decent bedding is the very least a dog deserves. Surprised more people don't keep them indoors in all honesty takes a lot of the hassle of building adequate kennels and runs out of the garden and most houses have some form of utility area nowadays. Not knocking those who don't at all because some peoples kennels are impressive. Just saying their are Lots of benefits to living indoors one of which is a warm dry place without additional expense, not to mention dog thieving atb.

• Like 1