Rollers/tumblers/tipplers

I keep some Micky mouse white pigeions ( my first birds ) iv learned a lot from keeping them but are now looking for some tipplers / tumbelers where would be the best place to find some quality birds ?

see if you have a tiplpler club near you mate and join it it may take a while to friendly with them [funny secretive lot] lol but im sure you will taking a step in right direction -birds types to look for =shanon- pilot- hughes- plester and ive seen lovats fly good good luck mate ps keep you micky mouse birds for droppers as without droppers you wont get tipplers down

Edited by ftm

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anybody recommend some sources of good information please?...........Books, DVD's, WWW or even VHS. May FINALLY take the plunge, been considering it for years now!

Winners with Spinners by Graham Dexter

Thanks mate, I have realised it seems to be regional, with a lot going on in the NE. It'll be the same as everything mate, this blood is better than that and don't do this cross do that, on top of tha

sometimes you need binoculars to see your birds they fly as a kit in 3.s or 5.s- on initial liberation they will go very very high [especially on a clear day] but after about 10 hrs they will steady themselves and fly a little lower -my final feed before a competition would be canary seed and water would have pigeon tonic in it and they would be bursting to get out of kit boxes -one day i will go back into high flyers but not competitive just a hobby

gnipper -your correct mate you do lose a lot of birds with tipplers -too much grub and they just keep going up! so high that im sure they go into space! lol these special little birds are born to fly -ive had squeakers barely old enough to feed themselves take off and stay up for a few hours -it takes a patient bloke /person to get a good kit settled as it can get very disheartening when a whole kit dissapears

I think I have cracked it!!.......................No Falcons or Sparrowhawks to worry about, No losses or thefts to consider, No time of day issues or Weather conditions to hope for and No Neck and back ache!!.......................Anyone guess what type of 'Performance Pigeon' I am thinking of ?