Rollers/tumblers/tipplers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anybody recommend some sources of good information please?...........Books, DVD's, WWW or even VHS. May FINALLY take the plunge, been considering it for years now!

Winners with Spinners by Graham Dexter

Thanks mate, I have realised it seems to be regional, with a lot going on in the NE. It'll be the same as everything mate, this blood is better than that and don't do this cross do that, on top of tha

never owned rollers but was a keen tippler [high flyer] lad and as has been said make sure you buy from proven birds ie birds that will fly 15hrs + good luck with it pal any info just ask -billy

tumblers will not fly as long as a high flyer totally different but both nice birds to keep -high flyers are a nightmare to settle but once settled give you loads of of enjoyment -i flew "pilots" probably the toughest to settle but boy could they fly! liberated at 5 in morning still going strong at tea time [when i came home from work] and i would let the droppers out at 7- 8 pm and still struggle to drop them down . -my longest fly time was 19 half hours but i know lads who have went past the 20 hr mark -these birds are truly the athletes of the pigeon world ps not for the faint hearted lads -billy

Edited by ftm

Make sure you get proper birds and see them fly first before you buy ive had 6 months of headache due to these birds not wanting to do anything load of shit ive got going into racing next year instead.

Ive got a mixed bag of tumblers and rollers

It's a good job you are used to Headaches........you are definitely going in to the right 'Fancy' for them........My Dad, some of his mates and all my Cousins and second Cousins on my Mums side have Raced for many years. I would like to get 'Performance Pigeons', but not Racers, not sure which type yet though......still researching and doing lots and lots of 'You Tube' watching.

I am edging towards 'Tipplers' cracking looking Birds, but seen some nice Tumblers too. Room and time won't be an issue..........finances and finding the right Brood Stock........same old same old!

shamo- the midland lads breed good tipplers as do sunderland lads they fly a hughesx type of bird that seems to do the job but im informed peregrines are a pain in arse with them nowadays there is a "turkish" high flyer that will do ok? but it wont compete with our strain of birds -training and competition can be very technical in the feeding side of things

shamo- the midland lads breed good tipplers as do sunderland lads they fly a hughesx type of bird that seems to do the job but im informed peregrines are a pain in arse with them nowadays there is a "turkish" high flyer that will do ok? but it wont compete with our strain of birds -training and competition can be very technical in the feeding side of things

Thanks mate, I have realised it seems to be regional, with a lot going on in the NE. It'll be the same as everything mate, this blood is better than that and don't do this cross do that, on top of that will be the regional bias towards certain strains. I am going to and be doing my flying in Eastern Europe, so would love to find some really old ENGLISH Blood.......whether it's Rollers/Tumblers or Tipplers. There is quite a Pigeon following in Europe and some of the former Eastern Block Countries.

As for feeding, some of the Feed mixes I have seen for Tipplers are quite different to some of the Racing blends I am used to seeing. In one Video they are washing the Crops of their Pigeons out before flying them.........I can only assume it is to make them fly better in some way and even be hungry sooner........... They were P.a.k.i.s. abroad so there could be a number of reasons.

• Like 1

Make sure you get proper birds and see them fly first before you buy ive had 6 months of headache due to these birds not wanting to do anything load of shit ive got going into racing next year instead.

Ive got a mixed bag of tumblers and rollers

It's a good job you are used to Headaches........you are definitely going in to the right 'Fancy' for them........My Dad, some of his mates and all my Cousins and second Cousins on my Mums side have Raced for many years. I would like to get 'Performance Pigeons', but not Racers, not sure which type yet though......still researching and doing lots and lots of 'You Tube' watching.

I am edging towards 'Tipplers' cracking looking Birds, but seen some nice Tumblers too. Room and time won't be an issue..........finances and finding the right Brood Stock........same old same old!

The NE is full of fanciers some good flyers up there in the racing world i like it

As for strains up my end the wanted or seemed to be the best are george mason strain.

Ive got some belting looking birds but they are shit ive had a lot of help on here for nipper but there still no good ive tried everything with them feeds taking them out to get them going you name it.

i was looking into high flyers but not sure.i like racing pigeon find it very interesting and i like it coz am old skool lol :laugh:

The thing is mate i just want birds that f***ing fly its like avin a dog that wont run!!

• Like 1

tipplers fly --its telling them to stop being the hard part lol -my mates fly racers and they have a real passion for it ,but they keep telling me how expensive its become =billy

yeah i here this quite a lot mate but its like i say what do ya call expensive?

a kid told me its a £1 a bird to enter races?

So what? a said he when yeah well if yer send 100 birds and all that simple thing here is yer dont need to send big teams of birds really do yer lol.

it only takes one bird to win;)

the thing is its always been a sport that people with no coin could do so yeah a see that side in its increase but these are same people who smoke 20 cigs a day but dont moan.

A thinks its like owt you can make it as expensive as you want or cheap as yer want.

thas just my thoughts anyway lol

Edited by billy whizz

I keep some Micky mouse white pigeions ( my first birds ) iv learned a lot from keeping them but are now looking for some tipplers / tumbelers where would be the best place to find some quality birds ?

find a local lad and ask to see his fly ect

hard to find really i found mine off a kid on facebook wish i had left them lol was a reet shit hole just breeding crap for coin yer get pigeon pushers just like dog men