Broken Toes Plus Issues With Splint!!

My dog broke 3 toes 8weeks ago was put in a splint which rubbed his elbow down to the tendon ( 6 weeks ago) and vet says still another few weeks away from not having to bandage up every week!! was told 4 weeks for toes to heal at the start will be 9 weeks on sunday!!! then for the tendon was told would heal in two week!! will be 7 weeks on monday!!!

This is starting to piss me off a little bit now as where hitting the £2000 mark now (hope fully the insurance will pay out) but cant help but feel some piss taken is going on here!!!

Get the stuff and change it yourself, that's what i did with one of mine, think after braking her toe she went back to the vets twice

first was for a bandage change, which they did free of charge, second was just for a check up, every other day i would take off the bandage and check the area for any problems, then put it back on, i did take the bandage off her early

as it had started to rub her, the toe had mostly healed so just kept her restricted, she was back out after about 5 weeks.

For the wound get some medihoney either gel or dressings, it can help with wound healing.

http://www.woundsinternational.com/practice-development/understanding-how-honey-impacts-on-wounds-an-update-on-recent-research-findings