Fell Packs..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Perthshire Keeper. Had a nice day out with the E&E. Cracking weather too!     Just a couple off the phone. Thanks again

"on skiddaws lofty mountian some wet and windy days you can hear old johnnys voice as he shouts ~WHHOOOOO!! get away. but we know that he has gone away and never comeing back we have some lov

Sounds spot on that mate. Reminds me i never got hold of those books he wrote.Great little read here. http://www.earthdog-runningdog.com/author/lyn/   Never far away from a good view in the lake

Bush, I've lots of days holiday owed, hence the days off. However, today didn't happen. Due to some folks inability to drive I was held up for nearly two hours on the M65. By the time it was cleared I'd of been very late so I had to turn round and met traffic on the way home!

Good god mate, shame that, especially when you've got your hopes up for the day ahead.

Hopefully next week will make up for things eh!

I've got a long weekend pencilled in mid feb for going away, only trouble is ive got to persuade our Doris to head back up to the Lakes! haha.... watch this space!

I was thinking about heading down to Rutland and having a run out with the Cottesmore, half the trip compared to reaching the lakes from here. In all hoenesty, I'd much sooner be stomping it out over those fells (albeit blowing out my arse) and taking those views in. Nothing better in my book.

Quick pic i took last month of a nice little tarn, well stocked with Trout apparently.

Secret location though! haha!!

DSC01458_zps18f3d7de.jpg

I can't remember a terrier stuck at that meet but may be? Did see one fox go to ground just above the lake shore! Anyone no a lad that was there that day name of Soapy think he was from Wigan ?

Soapy was from Aspull a town near Wigan I know him well. Edited by briggo

I knew Soapy back in the day, bloody good singer of hunting songs. From days out with the Fell packs to the 'old' Welsh show, with a pint in hand Soapy turned heads to listen.

Me and soapy used to do a few irish songs in the pub most weekends, my son still lives in the same village I,ll see if I can track him down