• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the days of beat/under keepers being treated like shit and living in a damp shit holes, should be behind us by now. I've worked for some arsehole headkeepers who never have a good word for you no matt

I had a friend who came into keepering at the age of 17,moved down from a shoot in derby,stayed at shoot 4yrs, but started to get the taste of life outside work, made more friends, started drinking wi

Best of luck in whatever you choose mate .Many on here and across the country will have endured the same but come through it .My gripe is that youngsters in general these days are quitters and i label

stick at it fella ,it will come good in the end for you , the amount of crap directed at you on here ,& you still come back ,your determined for sure ,good luck in the future , i was trainee keeper at floors many many moons back ,i worked for peanuts & lived in the west lodge with a couple of retirees then into a bothy ,even 45 years ago nothing was easy ,, good luck in the future ;)

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I had a friend who came into keepering at the age of 17,moved down from a shoot in derby,stayed at shoot 4yrs, but started to get the taste of life outside work, made more friends, started drinking with us after shooting, and hunted with us, jacked his job, and started up gardening,now he has six vans on the road, the boys run the the firm, and from August to February all he does is shoot, he we're treat like shite on shoot days,there you go.

• Like 4