• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the days of beat/under keepers being treated like shit and living in a damp shit holes, should be behind us by now. I've worked for some arsehole headkeepers who never have a good word for you no matt

I had a friend who came into keepering at the age of 17,moved down from a shoot in derby,stayed at shoot 4yrs, but started to get the taste of life outside work, made more friends, started drinking wi

Best of luck in whatever you choose mate .Many on here and across the country will have endured the same but come through it .My gripe is that youngsters in general these days are quitters and i label

i wasn't having a go......but reading what you wrote didn't sound too good. Your a young lad in an industry that's close knit and difficult to land that 'perfect' job. You do have to do the shite to climb the ladder....usually.

If it's what you want to do then keep trying.....you never know what's round the corner.

• Like 2
danw, on 28 Nov 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Oh I understand mate after many years commercial I was pleased to go single handed on a private estate only thing is I work harder now than ever lol

You do work?? Actual work?? Aye righto :D

Aye mate I know shit runs down hill but when your parents are having to pay for your shopping because your wages aren't enough, and your spoke to like shit even though you do everything your told soon gets to you, game keeping is all I want to do just not commercial and I don't expect the perfect job, just smaller than commercial

Unfortunately that's the way a lot if these jobs go BH. I got £150 a week to do 10.6 million jobs lol. Then still had more jobs to do! Gardening and under keeper. Ball ache.

I didn't stick it like.....lol

Mate it won't matter where you go as a keeper the idea of being appreciated be it by the head keeper or your employer is a non starter getting bollocked for f**k all is just how it goes

if there is one thing I have learnt from all these years the rain of shite is like drizzle some days and a monsoon the next the further up the ladder you get the shite just rains in bigger lumps

• Like 1