• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the days of beat/under keepers being treated like shit and living in a damp shit holes, should be behind us by now. I've worked for some arsehole headkeepers who never have a good word for you no matt

I had a friend who came into keepering at the age of 17,moved down from a shoot in derby,stayed at shoot 4yrs, but started to get the taste of life outside work, made more friends, started drinking wi

Best of luck in whatever you choose mate .Many on here and across the country will have endured the same but come through it .My gripe is that youngsters in general these days are quitters and i label

This country is full of kids who think they know it all but actually cannot take 6/7 days a week and yet still think they can handle keepering..All I can say is watch out because if the Poles get into it all you lazy little fuckers will be out for good.. Cant even get kids to pick spuds anymore. I took on about 10 scrotes last year and not one of them were worth a tenner a week..There are good kids about but are getting thinner on the ground by the minute..Winging is what most of them are good at..

• Like 1

Left at end of season but canny even be arsed to speak on this cos I get nowt but hassle

Mate you said you left in May since when did that become the end of season?

You may think your been hassled but look at the posts there all by those that worked through the crap and didn't buckle

• Like 3

18,got driving lisence,shotgun,firarms.cant be too much of a dreamer,most kids nowadays havent even got a driving lisence till 20 s.if he was having the piss ripped out of him money wise,i dont see the prob with jacking.thats the prob with the game keeping shit wages for trainees,shit living conditions,its 2014 not 1914.no wonder no mug wants to do it .

• Like 1

Same with any trade or life for that matter .you start at bottom and work up depending on what you achieve .You have to prove yourself for however long it takes ,whatever they chuck at you but some don't have the metal and that's fact .Too many want instant success without the graft to appreciate later life .We are breeding soft c**ts that want it all for nowt .The early years are there to test you for any way of life ,the harder it is the better the rewards .This lad has jacked ,been found wanting now he's asking four another go at what many lads would die for but those in the know can see he ain't going to get it and rightly so .The values of 1914 were better suited to my take on life than of the needy kids we produce today .Move on lad ,keepering ain't for you.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

the days of beat/under keepers being treated like shit and living in a damp shit holes, should be behind us by now. I've worked for some arsehole headkeepers who never have a good word for you no matter how hard you work. one of them when i first stared helping out for nothing in the summer holidays. they should be embarrassed they cant keep a under keeper for more than a season, a good headkeeper is fair and looks out for his lads.

everyone deserves a second chance, even if your not a super hardcore keeper like foxdropper here.

• Like 8

Unfortunately they're still out there though. I was lucky and had 2 top class old school keepers who taught me respect for the countryside and a keepers place in it. I have heard and seen some horror stories and while there is a queue of lads desperate to take the jobs i don't think things will change.

the days of beat/under keepers being treated like shit and living in a damp shit holes, should be behind us by now. I've worked for some arsehole headkeepers who never have a good word for you no matter how hard you work. one of them when i first stared helping out for nothing in the summer holidays. they should be embarrassed they cant keep a under keeper for more than a season, a good headkeeper is fair and looks out for his lads.

everyone deserves a second chance, even if your not a super hardcore keeper like foxdropper here.

• Like 2

Good luck in finding a job border hunter, the problem today is people think because they were thick enough to do it you should knuckle down and get through it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt mate and take your word for it. No one should have to be subsidised on their wages to buy food and there's no reason people should be out right arse holes to the people they employ.

You won't get many chances in the trade you've chosen so I hope you grab the next one with both hands and prove some on here wrong, they're probably pissed off that you've got more balls than they did at your age.

• Like 2

You have to start at the bottom and work your way up life's hard you just have to get on with it whining on gets you no where just keep you head down and crack on I've been there not as a game keeper but as abuilder started at the bottom om hardly any money but loads of experience that pays of later on in life

Ive actually had to log in as the comments before have annoyed me that much.

Yet again the golden oldies are winging about the youth of today! Play another bloody record.

This lad has come here asking for help and all you can all do is put him down.

you had an opportunity to nutre and support the "next Gen" of hunters . If your not going to post anything constructive then go back to posting how the countrys gone to shit and all the rabbits are dead from myxy. ...zzzzzzzzz.....

• Like 3