I'm new to this section but Seems this section getting a bit of stick for certain posted pics .makes me wonder how oter sections I frequent keep getting away with it

"Shot and retrieved" springs to mind. No sign of a gun or any bullet wound to be found.

• Like 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just think the mods are all bullies.   Matt and Walshie are the worst, Paulus just does what they tell him anyway so he`s a feardy bully.   They are all nerds in vests and pants, drinking Tizer

Thank you for that detailed response matt. Duly noted moxy

I'm new to this section but Seems this section getting a bit of stick for certain posted pics .makes me wonder how oter sections I frequent keep getting away with it

"Shot and retrieved" springs to mind. No sign of a gun or any bullet wound to be found.

Exactly my point

Yes, My pet hate and I remove them as soon as I see them. I can't see everything though, so please use the report button for what it's for.

Yes, My pet hate and I remove them as soon as I see them. I can't see everything though, so please use the report button for what it's for.

Wasn't a dig mate, it really did just spring to mind. In those circumstances it's a shame it has to be said anyway as I'm sure everyone would prefer that the pictures were not even controversial.

• Like 1

So if your out all DAY shooting birds With a catty and it goes dark you have wait all night untill next day take the pic??

But lads with Salukis can show pics of hares they caught on the fen with a BOP but have pic taken with dog there and no BOP in pic

Or the pics of all he coursing lads with there dogs saying SHOT AND RETRIEVED maybe 95 % of the post on the lurcher section are about shot and retrieve hares maybe mods should clear them up aswell

Next time any of you get a fine for speeding, send it back and tell the old bill you've seen hundreds speeding and because of that you should be let off.

Listen lads, I'll put this in big letters so there is no confusion:

Taking game at night is illegal.

Using a light to take any bird (except feral pigeons) is illegal.

Taking any animal without the express permission of the landowner (that includes pigeons off streetlights and game in parks) is illegal.

If you post it here it will be removed and you will get warning points. Repeat offenders will just be removed from the forum altogether.

If you see posts elsewhere on the forum that you think breach the forum rules then either use the report facility provided, or PM a mod. DO NOT constantly moan about other people when you break the rules.

Can't really make it any clearer than that can we?

we no all this but how do you know they wasn't shot in the day and pic taken when they finished in the dark ?

Honestly?

I don't.

But... sometimes we have to make a judgement call; and given the history of some posters it's always pretty obvious when someone is trying it on.

As was said earlier; it's like someone posing with a lurcher and a hare.... adding 'shot and retrieved' as an afterthought just doesn't cut it.

We have to consider the whole forum and not just the pride of a few individual members. If there is any doubt it has to go.

we no all this but how do you know they wasn't shot in the day and pic taken when they finished in the dark ?

and in the case of the two videos I've removed this week, both were clearly illegal.

Next time any of you get a fine for speeding, send it back and tell the old bill you've seen hundreds speeding and because of that you should be let off.

Taking any animal without the express permission of the landowner (that includes pigeons off streetlights and game in parks) is illegal.

If you post it here it will be removed and you will get warning points. Repeat offenders will just be removed from the forum altogether.

If you see posts elsewhere on the forum that you think breach the forum rules then either use the report facility provided, or PM a mod. DO NOT constantly moan about other people when you break the rules.

I understand what your saying but maybe you should copy this post and put it in the lurcher section aswell.....and maybe put in big bold letters that killing hares with dog is illegal so every picture put up needs a gun in the picture.......let's see how many get posted

I understand what your saying but maybe you should copy this post and put it in the lurcher section aswell.....and maybe put in big bold letters that killing hares with dog is illegal so every picture put up needs a gun in the picture.......let's see how many get posted

not illegal in northern Ireland though and any picture i see without a gun is removed,

As I've already said countless times; don't use other forum contributions as an excuse.

Illegal is Illegal and is not allowed.

If you know of posts that breach forum rules, report them, PM a Mod or ignore them. Your choice. Just don't keep banging on about it as an excuse to do as you please in this section because it won't wash :no:

Is this still going on? Anything illegal in ANY section is removed as soon as it is brought to our attention. Instead of bleating about other sections, use the "report" button and it will be dealt with.

This is getting like a stupid game now to try and sneak illegal content onto the site, then when it's removed, pages and pages of arguing about it.

I have better things to do than check every picture and every post, and so do the other mods.

Post illegal content at your peril lads. :thumbs: