• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can also ad a bit more power to the hex by pouring lead into them.

Held threaded side mate, Willis do them like a pick and mix, fill a bag for £2, or I just bought some from tool station for £1. for 100

hex nuts are good and the price quoted is good another alternative is 9.5mm steel balls from; simply bearings; 500 for about £12 which is equivalent to the price of quality airgun ammo. the more yo

Posted Images

Just picked up a bag of [bANNED TEXT] hex nuts from Wilko today - managed to cram about 170 in for £1.99. Weighed about 750 grams. That's about £2.65/kilo. Doubt you could buy scrap lead that cheap, unless buying in huge quantities, though to be fair it's a long time since I bought any so don't know what a current price is likely to be.

I'm not sure if there is one near me in Preston I'll have to have a look
not sure about Preston but there is one in Lancaster mate ;)

Just picked up a bag of [bANNED TEXT] hex nuts from Wilko today - managed to cram about 170 in for £1.99. Weighed about 750 grams. That's about £2.65/kilo. Doubt you could buy scrap lead that cheap, unless buying in huge quantities, though to be fair it's a long time since I bought any so don't know what a current price is likely to be.

I'm not sure if there is one near me in Preston I'll have to have a look
not sure about Preston but there is one in Lancaster mate ;)
Hi mate there is one in Preston I got a large bag I've been practising my knuckles killing after a while I kept getting whacked off the bands.one of those cattys with the finger and thumb groove on opposite forks I'm going to go for next

Bands are too heavy for the nuts mate. They are for heavier steel really. Try single bands each side, cut so they are fully maxed out. Thats why you are getting hand slap from the left over energy. Will happen with every catty. All I use is single bands for nuts. Try what I've suggested and the slap will go away

No worries mate. I band the catties for heavier steels as most lads end up cadging wheel bearings from there local garage. If I knew you were using nuts I would have put singles on. They will be faster than doubles as well. Might take some adjusting to because pulling a lighter band set will make you think the shot isn't as powerful but it will be.

No worries mate. I band the catties for heavier steels as most lads end up cadging wheel bearings from there local garage. If I knew you were using nuts I would have put singles on. They will be faster than doubles as well. Might take some adjusting to because pulling a lighter band set will make you think the shot isn't as powerful but it will be.

What type and width of single bands do you use for the nuts YCH?

engineering merchants probably be cheaper than wilkos, might have to get myself a catty for when im mooching or fishing. what would you lads suggest?

just get a cheap multiplex one from youcanthide.... Bang mate, then if you like it and get into it a bit you can get yourself something fancy
  • Like 1

What type and width of single bands do you use for the nuts YCH?
I'm on 25mm straight theraband at the minute, 30mm asda bands otherwise Edited by youcanthide...BANG
  • Like 1