Sign in to follow this  
budharley

Hex Nuts /ammo

I see a lot of lads using hex nuts what way do you hold them in the pouch both thread sides or two of hex sides . Also what other ammo are you using and where do you purchase it

Held threaded side mate, Willis do them like a pick and mix, fill a bag for £2, or I just bought some from tool station for £1.80 for 100

• Like 1

hex nuts are good and the price quoted is good

another alternative is 9.5mm steel balls from; simply bearings;

500 for about £12 which is equivalent to the price of quality airgun ammo.

the more you buy the cheaper they are.

i know you are asking about where to buy ammo but i thought i,d suggest that you can also mould your own lead balls reasonably easily.

ball sinker moulds for fishing do the job and are not expensive and come in a wide variety of sizes

• Like 1

That's a good point from whipbed about casting your own lead, if I'm not using hexnuts then I use 10mm lead that I've cast, very destructive ammo!! I find I'm more accurate with hexnuts tho.

• Like 1

Guest OutdoorFanatic

YCH has took everything with M 8 hex nuts , i've just started using them as their cheap an shoot great !

M 8 hex nuts, 1.78 at toolstation. I've not had a look at our wilkinsons yet but I'm sure they never used to have a pick and mix section?

You can also ad a bit more power to the hex by pouring lead into them.

Good idea - never thought of that

• Like 1

M 8 hex nuts, 1.78 at toolstation. I've not had a look at our wilkinsons yet but I'm sure they never used to have a pick and mix section?

In my local wilkos there are just five little fixings boxes. One of them being [BANNED TEXT] hex nuts. The only size they do, easy to miss. Ask a member of staff, I think they're stocked in all stores. Haven't seen better value.

Just picked up a bag of [BANNED TEXT] hex nuts from Wilko today - managed to cram about 170 in for £1.99. Weighed about 750 grams. That's about £2.65/kilo. Doubt you could buy scrap lead that cheap, unless buying in huge quantities, though to be fair it's a long time since I bought any so don't know what a current price is likely to be.

• Like 1

Just picked up a bag of [bANNED TEXT] hex nuts from Wilko today - managed to cram about 170 in for £1.99. Weighed about 750 grams. That's about £2.65/kilo. Doubt you could buy scrap lead that cheap, unless buying in huge quantities, though to be fair it's a long time since I bought any so don't know what a current price is likely to be.

I'm not sure if there is one near me in Preston I'll have to have a look

Fit another 130ish in the 3 quid bag for even better value too!

Seeing as we can't write (m eight) with a real number on this site they shall now be known as Wilko Banned text hex nuts forever ;)

• Like 1

I need to get some wilko banned text hex nuts but don't want to go into town with it being Black Friday fek that

• Like 1