Yaesu Vr 500

legacy2013

I've got one mate. Type the frequency in and click enter. Have you got it so a bar comes up with the signal strength? Then theres the knob on the top right corner. Not the big one the little one underneath it. You twist this left at first then turn it right as you get closer when the signal is coming through no matter where you put the yagi

Yes mate that's the idea. Keep it as far left as possible before it starts breaking up. Find a signal and turn right until it only picks it up when the yagi is pointing in one place only and the signal bar is strong. the range is all in the transmitter I believe mate.

Edited by youcanthide...BANG

I too have one, they are good, but a little tricky until you get used to them, the problem comes close in when the receiver gets swamped by the signal even with the attenuator switched on, so dialling away from the frequency is all you can do really, I have heard of people shielding the receiver with their body and turning till they get a signal. cant say it works for me, but I may be doing it wrong :hmm: