Reloading Workshop

If I were you I'd have added a wee wood burning stove to keep it toastie in the winter mate.

Thinking about it Night Hunter. Might be a bit low down for the smoke to clear the garden but tempted to give it a go!

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If I were you I'd have added a wee wood burning stove to keep it toastie in the winter mate.

Oh aye. Woodburner. Primers. Gunpowder. Should make a spectacular show when it all goes up! :laugh:

That's one clip that I won't miss on YouTube! ;)

Oh aye. Woodburner. Primers. Gunpowder. Should make a spectacular show when it all goes up! :laugh:

Not everyone is as careless as you make yourself sound mate...I think anyone with half a brain could insall and operate a small stove in that outhouse and carry out thier reloading quite safely. :yes:

Not everyone is as careless as you make yourself sound mate...I think anyone with half a brain could insall and operate a small stove in that outhouse and carry out thier reloading quite safely. :yes:

Anyone with half a brain will be able to read the instructions on primer and powder containers that say "Keep away from naked flames and sources of heat."

Or have you magically invented a woodburner that doesn't spit out heat and sparks when you open it up to insert more wood? :hmm:

I have a multifuel stove in my livingroom,I mostly rely on wood for fuel, I have laminate flooring a leather three piece suite and a big cream coloured rug which Is on the floor in front of the fire,my house is still standing and there are no burns on my wifes rug......common sense.... small stove fitted in the back corner at the door end and loading bench under any one of the windows,If care is taken I cannot see there being a problem ...as I say common sense... just my opinion.....some have it and some do not common sense that is... :whistling:

You should tell that to my cat... one time, I opened the woodburner to stuff a fresh chestnut log in, and a cinder spat out through the door, flew about five feet and landed on his tail! :huh:

He steered clear of the rug in front of the fireplace after that... and of course he always keeps his powder and primers in another room. Common sense, innit? :D

Thanks lads.

Just finished fitting the electrics this week with the old chap.

Ran a three core cable from the consumer unit in the house, under the upstairs floor boards, under the landing window into a weatherproof box outside. Then ran an armoured cable into a small consumer unit in the outbuilding. Inside I've now got two double socket plugs and a couple of strip lights which should be plenty for me to run a chest freezer, electric heater, kettle and any other power tools :thumbs: A proper electrician in coming round tomorrow to have a gander and make sure it's all safe before I switch it on!

Workbench has now been installed and the next step is to get a decent sink in for cleaning off rabbits. I've already got the water supply in. On the lookout for a secondhand belfast sink. I think it would really set it off

post-64187-0-66146900-1427488294_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elliott