Buck's Doing Well

he's about 18 months or so now . 3/4 grey collie and really getting to know his trade now. rarely misses a bunny and when he does its my fault giving him an unrealistic slip. out again last night and had 2 out of 3 slips. good sized rabbits with a bit of fat round em. he's as fit as he could be and getting better all the time. his retrieve had started to get dodgy but he's back on track now.

freezers filling up nicely , he's catching more than we can eat so he's a pot filler for us.

really enjoying this collie cross.

Edited by robs5230

Is s/he Hancock mate ? Haven't heard or seen of too many other collie litters about , love to see a pic

no mate, a locally bred dog from a half cross and a track greyhound

001_zpsa060f7e5.jpg

a good x that :thumbs:

he's a good un ray but a bit head strong ( twat) but he'll mature

Looks a handy type and obv doing the job you want. How have you found him for training etc n how tall you think he'll end up ?

Prob looking for my first lurcher come next season so considering this but fancy a beddy x too

sure he'll end up at what he is now, about 26". very clever dog and learns quick ( quicker than me sometimes so its 2 steps forward and one back) . making good progress and i'm learning a thing or 2 just as quick. my first collie cross. always had beddy and dh crosses before. he gives it everything, some right acrobatics on the lamp and a dab hand at nicking the bunnys back through gates or stock fencing when they think they've got away