Sign in to follow this  
danny-1

broken legs

i slipped my dog who is 8 months old the other day on a rabbit.he coursed it up the field and he went missing. about 5 mins l8ter. i found him in a ditch with two broken legs on the right side :lol::lol:

plenty of people sed with him being young his is still growing and hes bones are still developing so he will be all right is this true.

Big chance it will if you have a competent vet. I've seen young dogs here with broken legs and a broken pelvic rack (don't know the English word, the frame that spaces the legs and connects to the spine column) that made it to a full recovery.

Hhhmmm...seems a funny first post...i have never, ever heard of a dog breaking both its legs on the same side and i cannot comprehend how this would happen. never-the-less, as long as the breakages are clean then there is no reason why your dog cannot be healed 100% back to standard by a competent vet. having had personal experience of such things i can say that the dog will be back to normal IF the operation is done correctly...J Darcy

i slipped my dog who is 8 months old the other day on a rabbit.he coursed it up the field and he went missing. about 5 mins l8ter. i found him in a ditch with two broken legs on the right side :good:  :blink:

plenty of people sed with him being young his is still growing and hes bones are still developing so he will be all right is this true.

If the breaks interfere with the 'growth plates' then it's bad news :lol: ...What's the verdict from the vet?