Shark Fishing In The Uk

Well iv never done much in the way of sea fishing and didn't know there was any sharks worth fishing for in the uk but while messing about on you tube looking at shark fishing videos I found this.......

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u3-Wr0rEuSU

What a video and what a catch - of our own coast I'd love to have a go at this one day!

Anyone on here tried it?

Cheers, tom.

Recent evidence has shown that the porbeagle is starting to return to past numbers of some parts of Ireland.

Hard to believe that in the 60s and 70s monster porbeagles were regularly caught of the shore from parts of the West coast, but unfortunately were slaughtered too.

• Like 2

caught a blue from cornwall when i was 10-11, we had 4 or 5 on the boat that day, but ive probably been out after them a dozen times since and only caught mackerel lol maybe just bad luck? i hear its quite good around south/west wales? i might have another go myself next summer

• Like 1

There was a boat fishing out of Nayland marina that just went fishing for sharks. It was owned by a family that had a garden centre but would take up to 6 people out with them. They fished around the Pembrokeshire Islands of Grassholm, Skomer and Skokholm. I had a day out with them once in September, no sharks caught or seen although we did have a few late tope.

The day was worth it just for getting up close to Grassholm and the gannet colony, and fishing Jack sound 3hrs into the flood that was an experience on it's own.

TC

• Like 2

caught a blue from cornwall when i was 10-11, we had 4 or 5 on the boat that day, but ive probably been out after them a dozen times since and only caught mackerel lol maybe just bad luck? i hear its quite good around south/west wales? i might have another go myself next summer

Did you enjoy that day out Ant? unfortunately me and Dan couldn't make it I think due misbehaving! Didn't know you was on here, I herd that you can catch Tope from the rocks in north Wales at the right time of year looks like good sport. ;)

• Like 1

Did you enjoy that day out Ant? unfortunately me and Dan couldn't make it I think due misbehaving! Didn't know you was on here, I herd that you can catch Tope from the rocks in north Wales at the right time of year looks like good sport. ;)

yeah mate been on here years! how long you been on? :victory:

Years too! must not have crossed paths only noticed it was you because of that pic in your avatar and the story, I still haven't forgive my Dad for not letting me on that trip remember it like it was yesterday what ever we did it cant have been that bad haha :cray:you still got the terrier?

we used to book a week in boscastle cornwall big spring tides may/june every year ,the porgies came in to pup so the skippers said we had some fantastic fish there 2 over 300lb 1at 240lb lots of others ,then the potters started putting flyers on the pot lines catching lots of shark glad they are protected now , years ago they were massacered in the southern approaches one newlyn boat killing over a 100 ,theres porgies available to catch now budes a good starting point if you check about ,ive had then 200yds offshore & seen lads in towable boats catch them