Which Springer To Buy?

WEIHRAUCH HW77.

WEIHRAUCH HW97K.

WEIHRAUCH HW80.

WEIHRAUCH HW95.

WEIHRAUCH HW98.

WEIHRAUCH HW99S.

Best sub-12-ft/lb spring air rifles for hunting there is. No frills, no fussy builds. Just simple, reliable, tough as panzers, gets the job done, superbly accurate with the best trigger yet devised and they will last your lifetime.

You choose the calibre!

Pianoman.

Hi Pianoman,

Thanks for the advice.

I see you own a TX200HC as well as the Weihrauchs. Which in your opinion shoots best straight out he box? I've read on some sites that people feel the Air Arms rifle is better from the box, but after some tinkering and tuning the HW97K is a better rifle?

Would you say the 77 is better than the 97K for small game?

Whichever I get will be in.22. As suggested by someone on here though I may just end up getting two rifles anyway. Who do you think makes the best carbine air arms or weihrauch?

Thanks for your input

Alistair

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bloody french and british humor. Doesn't mix, clearly.

His birds little sister could be 25, just a turn of phrase for f**ks sake.

Hi you need to try before you buy,to make sure the rifle fits. 3 good spring rifles.   do not overlook the LGU for the money cracking rifle out of the box!     The LGU is well underated, it wi

Massive thanks to everyone so far! Even the debate over cultural differences ion humour! :-)

Looking at all these rifles is like being a kid in a sweet shop. I guess what it comes down to is what works for an individual as they all seem fairly similar when it comes to stats and build quality.

It's really good to hear your thoughts though on the benefits of each. Big help for me as a newcomer and I'm just looking forward to going shooting very soon.

Thanks again guys and enjoy your shooting.

Alistair

• Like 1

Good luck whatever you get, just ensure its .177 :yes:

You'll ruffle some feathers with this one mate... :)

But I kinda agree.

I probably will mate :yes: but after shooting airguns for the last 35 years or so, I think I am entitled to an informed opinion, I was a .22 man for the formative years of my airgunning career, I remember getting a .177 hw80 back when they first came out :icon_eek: most of my mates had .22 fwb sports, or airsporters etc, well after using the hw80 along side their .22s I was a complete convert, I outshot them and killed more stuff stone dead with one shot than I ever believed possible, in my humble opinion, in a legal limit air rifle a .177 cannot be beaten :thumbs:

• Like 2

Hope you lads will allow an older airgunner`s experiences with calibres - 53 yrs old, 43 yrs airgunner with .22. I can promise you i will never hunt with .22 again. 177 absolutely clears the floor with accuracy/ trajectory and filling the game bag.

atb ( forgive the humble opinion GO PCP HW 100 kt .177) cheers all :angel:

• Like 2

Ha. Valid point mate. To be honest, my 100 in .177 is so surgical it's quite boring. It's that accurate. It almost takes the fun out of shooting and the wondering if you might hit that 1/4 inch dot at any range.

After spending a few on hours with the springers, pick that 100 up, and with the same follow through and trigger discipline, I reckon it could hold its own with any HFT rifle including the Steyrs. Yes. Including those.

• Like 2

Hi Ali - Rez`s opinion is spot on - 177 is so surgical its quite boring its that accurate with a hw 100 . I could not agree more - so accurate it`s un true.

Lads i was hide shooting woodies a week ago with the 100 kt .177 and one woodie was pruning itself at approx` 35 yds. A large branch was between it and my cross hairs but every 30 seconds it raised its head for a check and it caught the AArms diablo smack on first attempt.

The HW 100 is still untouchable at present in my humble opinion.

atb

So is it fair to summarise that a pellet in the head means dead vermin whether it's .177 or.22. Just that it's easier to put the .177 where you want it?

I'd made the assumption that .22 was the better for hunting and .177 was better for target, but from reading comments from you guys and other forums it seems .177 is becoming the choice for many of you for both.

Got to admit this has become an obsession and I haven't even bought my rifle yet! God knows what I'm gonna be like when I have it (or them). Looks like the wife will get to watch what she wants on the telly more often! :-)

Im with Tim on this iv shot 22 since i was a kid (8yrs old)and im 51 now but changed to 177 a few weeks ago boy have i been missing out.

I was an avid 22 man would not even pick one up 22 was best .

Then my mate at the rfd gave me a lone of the scorpion and that very night i put it to use first one went down 55 yrds second was 65 yards they just rolled over dead two perfect head shots and i hardly moved down the mill dots to achieve this .

I was hooked from then on and i bought the scorpion the next day.

Now im more than capable of shooting a 22 and hitting the kill zone first time its just that it seems more easier with a 177

not as much to think of as you do with 22.

I even converted vislauk from 22 to 177 .

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Im taking little hunter to the range to day and im taking all the rifles to day hw97,22, scorpion t10, 177, ultra 22 , bsa lighting 22 , staoger 177 open sites, as he likes to have a go of them all and i like to keep my eye in with the 22 .

O and Jeff iv just put another pro sport away but in 177 and with a beach stock

will have it for Xmas happy days

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by bigmac 97kt