Depression

its a awfull thing to have got a mate going through a bad time at the moment i can only be there for him when he needs some one to talk to,but why do these doctors fill them with tablets that seem to send them like zombies its not the answere,has any one else really been bad with it and what got you through it,i know a lot of people do actually take there own lives the brain is a funny thing one minute you can be on top of the world the next your out of the game,ive been lucky ive always been fit and healthy but i will always be there for any friend in need

• Like 8

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two months ago I would have said something completely different to what I am saying now. I contracted viral meningitis back then which has left me clinically depressed and on Citalopram tablets to try

When someone is depressed their motivation plummets   Its very difficult to deal with someone whos thoughts and feelings are horrid.   Those that are closest get the full wrath of this debilitatin

its a awfull thing to have got a mate going through a bad time at the moment i can only be there for him when he needs some one to talk to,but why do these doctors fill them with tablets that seem to

Keeping busy and giving myself something to look forward too helped me. Everyone feels down now and then that's just life. Many through around the word depressed just when feeling that way. Only once ill say I've been depressed and was horrible. Don't think or act like the real you and cause its an illness people can't see they don't seem to understand it as much. Worst thing for me was being alone with my own thoughts and feeling stuck. Got offered pills but refused em read some bad side affects can't remember the name of em.

• Like 3

Exercise exercise exercise exercise .if it want for that and a pup to bring on and be f****n dead be now lol...bad few months and years but ny son and dogs ...u got to carry on..exsesize is q must .atb to ya mate was

• Like 7

I suffer with it and alls the doctors want to do is pill you up that's not for me.as dare said keeping himself busy and having things to look forward to really helps alot.worse things to do are mope around and evenu worse is to drink as that's a depressant.exercise helps me alot getting out with the dogs and ferrets just things like that.it's a terrible thing to have but my misses and mates snap me out of it.I feel for your mate I really do get him out and about doing something he likes show him it's not all doom and gloom and he's got people that care about him.all the best mate and hope he's well soon

• Like 3

My missus has it she is on pills, I can honestly say that I haven't noticed any difference in her bar she it's stressed as such . I don't know what tablets she is on but they don't make her any different to me

I think they are supposed to increase the dose to a certain point and you have to get a assessment every so often to make sure they are working mate.my missues had post natal the pills they gave her she was on cloud 9 all the time lol

funny old thing is depression. i suffer from it myself. sometimes i wont leave the house for a few days as i feel shit, i wont answer the phone to any fecker either. i aint being funny but i just cant be dealing with feck all when i got it bad.

• Like 1

my mrs has it ,I have been with her 15 years and in that time she has been on so many different pills she has lost count ,she also cant exercise as such as she broke her ankle a couple of years ago and it hasn't been the same since ...so that hasn't helped either .its tough for the people living with partners who have too believe me .

• Like 4