Yukon Photon Xt 6.5 X 50

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps some of this might help mate .........   I carried out an exercise two or three weekends ago during the day to see if the Photon could be swapped between multiple rifles but still maintain z

got mine on my 223 and just need to zero it and then go test it

Worst thing I ever did was sell it to you lol, seriously that little hornet is a belting little rifle, no fox is safe out to 200 yards, glad you are enjoying her

Posted Images

Well unboxed the new Yukon 6.5 today (thanks Ian B) have not put it on a rifle yet, as I cant make my mind up which one ;) first impressions are good, and I dont think using it for closer range will be a problem, so think I made the right choice, I have ordered a t38 with the new pill to go on top, so looking forward to getting it into action :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well unboxed the new Yukon 6.5 today (thanks Ian B) have not put it on a rifle yet, as I cant make my mind up which one ;) first impressions are good, and I dont think using it for closer range will be a problem, so think I made the right choice, I have ordered a t38 with the new pill to go on top, so looking forward to getting it into action :thumbs:

Champion CC, you can pop the centre cap out for use in daylight to cut some of the light out and increase depth of field. If you want to see even further in the future get a T50 single cell with the new AS IR LED. Shame the moons out it doesn't really get dark till 11pm lately..

Yes mate, when I can make up my bloody mind about which rifle to put it on :hmm: took it out tonight, just into the local park, not quite dark but, I could just make out a dark shape in the field, with the naked eye, switched the Yukon on, :icon_eek: ooooh hello mr fox :D the t38 I am getting has the new AS IR chip in it, so think it will be pretty damn good, so in daytime am I better popping the centre cap out, rather than viewing through the little pin hole with the flip up cover closed? It does not let too much light in then, cheers.

• Like 2

Well after trying it with and without the centre cap popped out in the daytime, I think the image/depth of view is much better, you do get the odd flicker like an old black and white telly when you move it around (a bit too much light transmission possibly) but it is not a problem,took it out last night late on when it was as dark as its going to get, and tried the new t38 with the as pill fitted, brilliant, with the onboard illuminator I can just make out one of those dog shi*e bins @ 300 yards, and yes at a push could probably shoot it, switch on the t38 and entirely new vistas open up, literally, I can see the bin very clearly, and would have no probs shooting it, at the moment I have no plans to add a doubler, as it will not be used for very long distance, although, I might play around with a 1.7 50mm camera lens and see how that performs.

• Like 2

The new AS pill is 30+% brighter than the old Osram pill, with the same driver apparently, and 90% brighter with a different driver, or at least that is the explanation on the nv forum, it is certainly a brilliant little torch thats for sure,got it of a lad on the nv forum who fits them with the new pil and has his own nv shop/site nite tech I think it is.

• Like 1