Yukon Photon Xt 6.5 X 50

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps some of this might help mate .........   I carried out an exercise two or three weekends ago during the day to see if the Photon could be swapped between multiple rifles but still maintain z

got mine on my 223 and just need to zero it and then go test it

Worst thing I ever did was sell it to you lol, seriously that little hornet is a belting little rifle, no fox is safe out to 200 yards, glad you are enjoying her

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi Ian have you tried out the 6.5x XT yet whats the field of view like and how close can they focus to,and anything else you can say about it much app Jim

Unfortunately no Jim. There due in, so I'm told around April/May and we should have them as soon as they hit the UK.

Personally I'd wait for the 6.5x version. For the money there great to be honest, easy to fit with standard mounts, natural shooting position, decent image, changeable reticule/colour...the only couple of snags I would say are there pretty focus fussy because of they way they are front mount designed, they do benefit from additional IR also, which improves the image, I've just fitted a new XT to a rifle, most people put coasters on the front focus ring to aid adjustment, what distance are you going to be shooting at? Obviously I'm not going to try and market something to be something its not, like some would and say there the best, because there not, an N750 or drone has a higher price tag and better image. But ones built like a dalek the other weighs a ton, and they both require additional weaver mounts, etc... If your just wanting something compact, dedicated for rats or rabbits, or even foxes out to 150yds the standard 4.6 x photon will work great, the new 6.5x for the money, should be a bargain. If people need a longer depth of field, some use an iris cap to reduce the light entering the sensor like a camera would. The new photons are now shipped with a flip cover, instead of the pull off, push on ones the old models had, these are ideal for adding an iris that can be flipped open when needed too, if you prefer better focus over distance.

Thanks for the reply Ian,I have the Mk 1 at the moment and use it day and night with doubler and T 20 on my .22 Rimmy and find it ok apart from the POI shift if too heavy handed putting in gun bag or back of car etc,other than that great value for money,problem with the 50 mm XT is wont be able to use the doubler as was thinking of it for my .223 the other thing is they usually have teething problems with new lines and its not till they get used in the field that these come to light,so could be the summer before I decide unless they have been tested else where like the states etc tks Jim

Personally I'd steer clear of the doublers, unless there designed to have them, they give a better image, but there are too many issues with POI changes, and unless you secure it with additional means which would void warranty there just another source to knock easily. That why the additional mag of the 6.5x helps without the extra bulk or risk of being knocked as its a designed for the scope and has a useful magnification range.. Hang fire till theres more feed back, when they get over here :thumbs:

I had an email from Thomas Jacks today about the 6.5 XT:

"We don’t have a firm update from the factory as of yet, but I should imagine we will know more after SHOT Show next week.

If you want to give me a call in the office on the week of the 26th I’ll hopefully be able to tell you more.

Best Regards,

Thomas Jacks Limited"

So watch this space :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I'd steer clear of the doublers, unless there designed to have them, they give a better image, but there are too many issues with POI changes, and unless you secure it with additional means which would void warranty there just another source to knock easily. That why the additional mag of the 6.5x helps without the extra bulk or risk of being knocked as its a designed for the scope and has a useful magnification range.. Hang fire till theres more feed back, when they get over here :thumbs:

The 4.6 x 42 is more than enuff to 100 yds with a clear pic .. Doubler and T20 are a must . I know a lad , who`s been using a Drone Pro for a while , cancel his order for the colour Drone Pro , cause he picked up an XT as a stop gap .

• 2 weeks later...

The 4.6 x 42 is more than enuff to 100 yds with a clear pic .. Doubler and T20 are a must . I know a lad , who`s been using a Drone Pro for a while , cancel his order for the colour Drone Pro , cause he picked up an XT as a stop gap .

just got a XT works great on the .22 will see what the new one is like later in the year for the .223.... impressed with the revised IR and its multi level intensity..have yet to add another IR lamp but under 75 yards can't see it needs it..