Yukon Photon Xt 6.5 X 50

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps some of this might help mate .........   I carried out an exercise two or three weekends ago during the day to see if the Photon could be swapped between multiple rifles but still maintain z

got mine on my 223 and just need to zero it and then go test it

Worst thing I ever did was sell it to you lol, seriously that little hornet is a belting little rifle, no fox is safe out to 200 yards, glad you are enjoying her

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I see that quite a lot of folk are using doublers on their 6.5 Photons. Could someone recommend a specific doubler. I've just checked the Yukon website and the doubler that they have seems to be for something called the NVRS. Any ideas please ?

I've had mine out on my Browning .22lr for three nights and bagged just short of 50 rabbits. I got 2 last night with one shot; didn't see the second rabbit as it must have been head down right behind the one that I was aiming for. Both dropped on the spot. First time that that's happened to me.

I've taken the flip-cover off, it was a pain, kept knocking it and eventually snapped the cover off the hinge getting over a gate. So now I'll just stick it on for daytime stuff and put in in the bag for the nights.

Handy hint - take plenty of batteries, I get about 3 hours from a new set of duracell. They battery life indicator gets down to one bar pretty quickly but then stays there for a while. There's still plenty of life in the batteries when the red warning come on.

The Photon does not cope well with close obstacles, branches, cables etc, they produce a large white image that renders the scope useless until you get past them. So it's not the ideal scope for woodland, more suited to open fields.

I haven't used any extra illumination yet, the built-in one seems ok to me, but I'll give it some thought.

Finally, thanks to the guy who suggested putting coasters on the focus ring - great idea.

Any specific advice on the doubler please...

• 10 months later...