Advice Needed

hi there new to this site, looking to get my first lurcher and wanting some advice

anyone got any advice to where to start looking, best crosses for first dogs, dogs to stay away from etc? also good equipment to get and dvds etc.

mainly will be using the dog for rabbits.

any advice at all will be greatly appreciated

cheers guys

Was just in the same boat mate, and it took me 6 months to decide, what dog I wanted. Plenty of hours on THL forum, getting out with a couple of lads with their dogs, reading threw the countrymans weekly etc, I decided on a bull x grey as I have had bull breeds for years (not x'd). All my old dogs where all clever dogs, and my pup is now 12 weeks old and he is switched on, easy to train and pics things up very quick. Dam and Sire both working and I think it reflects in my pup, seems a natural.

One thing I would advise is if your gonna feed a raw diet, try finding your food suppliers before you get your dog. I found that part time consuming at first but I am getting there now. Good luck.