Sign in to follow this  
duane87

Show Us Pictures Of Cockers

Thats the only thing that lets the wee dogs down David, trying to carry game over distance that wer black one of mine will retrieve anything but they struggle with big ditches with steep sides when carrying a big cock pheasant but shel never give up shed retrieve all day every day I have a picture of her retrieving one day I sent her out at the end of a drive and she came back with a hare brought a smile to our faces can't find the pic tho

Love The pics lads looking to get a cocker in the new year was looking for a terrier but a bit of a compromise with her in doors as she wants to get back to breeding so sold on the spaniel

This is the little fella that keep me busy,1 yr old. Handling well,good on the whistle. Just needs a few trips in a rabbit pen to steady him up.

346e2d76e228067612844955e274045d_zps3c57

I run three, an older one in semi retirement , a daughter that I kept back of her when I used a FTCH stud dog over her to improve her line, and also a younger bitch that is in its first real season this year after a taste of work at the very end of last season.

As you will see my preference is for the red coloured dogs, not ideal for everyone as they look like a fox about to bolt often when working in cover, but the colour appeals to me, although it's the nature of the breed that I am smitten on.

Mine work in a perfect close pattern without ranging too far, never going out of shot range, They don't get that instinct to run off down hedge lines after game as I have had with other breeds, as they put game up they are content to look for more and just keep working away, I love their action and work ethic.

I am out at least a couple of days a week beating on commercial shoots at this time of year, hence owning three bitches, the bond I have with them is hard to explain, I have read about them being people dogs which is so true as they just love you and love affection !

post-9970-0-55408700-1420200050_thumb.jpg

post-9970-0-89374500-1420200092_thumb.jpg

post-9970-0-32067100-1420200149_thumb.jpg

post-9970-0-00667500-1420200187_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Last month a cocker bitch won the Irish spaniel championship against a field of some very good springers.

• Like 1

Last month a cocker bitch won the Irish spaniel championship against a field of some very good springers.

Bet that went down well in the springer world ;-D

Bet that went down well in the springer world ;-D

Most of the spectators thought it was fantastic trial won by a very worthy winner in the cocker bitch ftch mallowdale midge. Others don't like it purely down to the handler of the bitch. Shame really.