• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my new cocker pup

heres a few of mine and mates dogs

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I run three, an older one in semi retirement , a daughter that I kept back of her when I used a FTCH stud dog over her to improve her line, and also a younger bitch that is in its first real season this year after a taste of work at the very end of last season.

As you will see my preference is for the red coloured dogs, not ideal for everyone as they look like a fox about to bolt often when working in cover, but the colour appeals to me, although it's the nature of the breed that I am smitten on.

Mine work in a perfect close pattern without ranging too far, never going out of shot range, They don't get that instinct to run off down hedge lines after game as I have had with other breeds, as they put game up they are content to look for more and just keep working away, I love their action and work ethic.

I am out at least a couple of days a week beating on commercial shoots at this time of year, hence owning three bitches, the bond I have with them is hard to explain, I have read about them being people dogs which is so true as they just love you and love affection !

post-9970-0-55408700-1420200050_thumb.jpg

post-9970-0-89374500-1420200092_thumb.jpg

post-9970-0-32067100-1420200149_thumb.jpg

post-9970-0-00667500-1420200187_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Last month a cocker bitch won the Irish spaniel championship against a field of some very good springers.

Bet that went down well in the springer world ;-D

Most of the spectators thought it was fantastic trial won by a very worthy winner in the cocker bitch ftch mallowdale midge. Others don't like it purely down to the handler of the bitch. Shame really.