I have one on it way , I even phoned Thomas jacks , there waiting for delivery , and then out to distribution, can't even get a date into the shop, I've only paid a deposit VM , by the way what do you think of the external battery pack ? , do you think it may be needed

Atb

Dave

My LRf 870 arrived last week. I am new to NV. Initial findings mounted on a kalibr cricket bullpup FAC.

Looks well made-controls logical and well thought out-installation easy-

Plus points-wide f.o.v-clear screen-three zeroes or three different guns-great choice of reticles-remote switch

Negatives-heavy-eats batteries-high chance will need shimming to achieve zero (3" centre of bore to centre of object lens)

Have also bought battery pack esp5 which should give many hours use, unlike the 4AA.

Standar ir ok for say 70 yards. Needs bipod or a rest to adjust variables due to weight.

Hi Dave

Only need short range , ratting up to 45 metres. Would think for small targets say 100 yards a stronger illuminator for precision. Had to shim mine between mount and scope at rear. Ok now. The LRF has an issue . Set to yards it reverts to metres after turning off and on. Thomas Jacks know this now and there will be a software upgrade available sometime. However in metres it works well, especially like the programable remote switch. Very cool. Have focused the eyepiece properly, very clear screen and choice of data colours. The object end focus is meant to be as low as 5 yards! My targets at even 20 yards are still slightly blurred, especially in comparison to a good quality optic scope. I feel you won't get high precision target shooting with this item but for hunting day or night is adequate. Eg my Hawke 6.5-20x42 at the lowest magnification is lots better than the 870 at 9 times. I checked the On board LRf with a Bushnell Lrf and in Metres both are more or less the same. Weird at night seeing the LRf flash when fired. If you hunt out you tube there are several comparisons of the 870/750 with different IRs attached. At the money a nice bit of kit.

Hi Dave

Better empty the freezer to make room for the bunnies then.

I thought about putting the 870 on my Airwolf MTC (.22 FAC) but felt the weight of the overall rig wouldn't be right for me. The bullpup ex scope only weighs 2.6 kilos so it went on there. Be interested when your 870 arrives and is zeroed for your thoughts. Have you got a weaver rail on your Wolf?

Safe shooting

Mike

• 4 months later...

Anyone still in the market for a LRF 870 , there a big improvement over previous N750 range. The additional top mounted rail, multiple reticule option, plus the increased and smoother digital zoom and function wheel, programmable button, and rangefinder are great, especially for air rifle or rimfire shots when its hard to judge exact distance.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/store/night-vision/night-vision-rifle-scopes/pulsar-lrf-n870-scope.html