Had one a couple of months ... absolutely made up with it ... probably put 2k pellets down the spout. Not a single problem, infact, the more use, the smoother the bolt action, its a slick mechanism. Not the lightest pcp on the market, on par weight wise with HW 100. If your after a lightweight pcp the like of both aforementioned wont fall into that catagory. Walther is a fine German rifle manufacturer, as are AA, Daystate etc.

Lots of opinions have been expressed by non owners of the R8 and those that haven't used one, but you get that on the internet .. ultimately, you needed to shoulder one and if possible shoot one. Its you that has to be content and satisfied with the purchase. Ability wise and quality, they equal more expensive offering from other manufacturers. Also they have shook up the secondhand pcp price market ... the impression lve got is thst its left a bitter taste in some peoples mouths .. in simple, there are many a good word to say of the Walther Rotex RM 8 .. though if you're after the .177 calibre, Umarex cant give you a delivery date, which is poor! ...l personally only ever wsnted the .22 calibre .. anyhow, l suggest your best trying one out to see if it suits you, cause ultimately, its you that needs to be happy with which ever pcp you purchase .. either way .. good luck

Edited by hoggysreels
  • 2 weeks later...

It is basically an 850 airmagnum, with an air cylinder in place of c02, having modded an 850 to hpa, and doing a two stage trigger mod (which is simplicity itself) I know how accurate these rifles can be, very very accurate, I might fancy a .177 when one or two come onto the secondhand market, and they are easy to strip, a little fiddly but nothing complicated.

• 1 year later...

I have one in .177 and think that this is as accurate if not more so than any of my other pcps that cost twice the price. Check the reviews on verminhunterstv YouTube channel. Hard to argue with 10MM groups at 45m. My only criticism would be that it is on the heavy side. Do I care if it is a redesigned airmagnun------ not one little bit.

Edited by redlion

Although this thread is a little out of date but just in case the original OP has not bought an RM8 yet, I will put in my two pence. Had one, got rid, don't buy it.

A number of guys had problems with dropping power output, mine included 11.4 ft/lbs down to 9.6 after about 2500 shots. Airtech had 4 in for new custom built regs and a reduction in barrel length due to them being front end heavy. A few of them were looking to fit R10 air bottles to reduce weight of the steel bottles fitted.

They are accurate but I can only suggest buying a BSA Ultra se instead.

For you guys that like yours, really pleased and hope they continue to work well for you but don't hold your breath.

Sorry to be negative but as in other cases, I can only tell it as I and others found it.

Phil

• 5 months later...

I'm in for two pence,I have a RM 8 bought it last December, I also have a Weihrauch 100,the RM8 is equally as good for accuracy as the Weihrauch and the same weight,I love the RM 8 and the best point of all its half the price of the Weihrauch

IMO they are great gun for the money.

Cheers

Word of warning, power can be all over the place, there have been reports of a few running at 17-18 ft lb, plenty more struggling to break 10 ft lb no matter what pellet you use. So get it checked before you leave the shop.

Mine was a .22 and well under power, had to go back so I got a .177 instead and that was at 11 ft lb out of the box. Accurate rifles though!

• Like 1

Not read the above replies... But indeed favor one myself to be honest when I first saw them. From what I've seen and heard, a chap has one at the club, there mint. To be honest though, ANY PCP nowadays will bang there pellets in a 5p at the usual distance. It's just the brand thing that we all jump on.

They are long though with a moderator.

• 8 months later...

I have the RM8 in .177 and it is as accurate as my Regal, WH100 FSBKT, in fact as all of my others! It is now fully ran in and is as smooth as silk.

Only small problem I have at the moment is that is overpowered with some pellets which I am looking to gain info on to get it adjusted.

If Walther can turn out such a great one as this has turned out to be what the hell are the other manufacturers doing to justify their far greater costs of 2 and 3 times?

Seems to me that they are ripping off a captive market!