Hand Made Knives And Axe (Quite A Few To Sell)

there is some pics and a little write up here http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/261528-every-week-at-my-forge-and-workshopupdated/page-55 it shows how some of the work was done ..

hi , i have a few to sell here .

image_zps90dd3934.jpg

all prices cover postage and paypal fees, please contact me via private message for payment details and availability .

these are only advertised on the hunting life forum .

to make it easier on me if you would like to order them im going to number them !!!

#1 first up damascus "sheeps foot" design knife with red stag antler, buffalo horn and marlee burr caps . brass lanyard and tooled leather belt carry sheath.

150 layers of my own damascus steel . £65

image_zps045dbc41.jpg

image_zps2070ea03.jpg

image_zpsb7a4dec9.jpg

image_zps8e65666e.jpg

#2 the same materials , more conventional shape £65

image_zpsd55253af.jpg

image_zpsf3b838f5.jpg

image_zps5b45508b.jpg

image_zps27755fdc.jpg

#3 stag antler and buffalo horn cap . same steel £65

image_zps7ac2d401.jpg

image_zps4cae44a6.jpg

image_zps3e1de5f8.jpg

image_zps3e1de5f8.jpg

#4 marlee burr buffalo horn and brass lanyard , same steel £65

image_zps93bffe15.jpg

image_zps3c763c6b.jpg

image_zps53180b86.jpg

image_zps4119fe35.jpg

image_zps81b43f97.jpg

next up as asked for so i hope they sell !!!! a no frills knife of small size , they are all the things i knife has to be with out the pretty bits . raw forged and ground blades of W2 file steel . red stag and buffalo handled (unpolished) untooled belt carry sheath . as i said everything that needs to be there is there just not works of art , same grade materials, same solid heat treatment etc . there hard and sharp bladed knives with great, but plane sheaths . £32 each we will number them 5, 6, 7, 8 counting from the left in this first picture ,,,,

image_zpsa8aa2282.jpg

image_zpsde187292.jpg

image_zps96e6fa90.jpg

image_zpsa7e73b67.jpg

next a bearded light axe , forged by me from mild steel and carbon spring steel . the link at the top follows through some of the construction of this .

i would keep this and about 3 of the other knives in this group but thats not how to run a business is it ha ha .

so hand forged axe head , mild steel and carbon steel , the spring steel is from a mitsubishi L200 pick up truck and a great steel for impact work due to its hard wearing nature.

handle is a good quality hickery with ebony cap , brass lanyard tube , 550 para cord brass tube for closing the loop and redstag antler bead to stop the tube from coming off the lanyard . its a great thing and shows signs of how it was made , comes with a "mask" to protect you from the blade when not in use . £70 which is madness as its taken so bloody long to make and out of the 3 i made this one was the only good one !!!

image_zps719d19a2.jpg

image_zps294ae584.jpg

image_zpsa660b91c.jpg

image_zps37e30236.jpg

lastly are the 3 big knives from a month or so agon . so #9 another stag tine knife with ebony caps , same steel same materials , this one has a rounded spine with a 4" flat ground blade and a little over 4" handle , again tooled leather sheath with belt loop . great knife i really lioke it and this style allways seems popular , i think it has an old world look to it , nice and simple ready to do work, its got a great temper and will stay sharp if you look after it .

£90(thats a scandel) which also covers first class recorded delivery to the uk .

image_zps9fce2b0e.jpg

image_zpsf6155986.jpg

image_zps4e34585a.jpg

image_zps106ec346.jpg

image_zps3454e992.jpg

#10 is a knife finnished with marlee burr handle ebony cap brass lanyard tube with an interesting blade . forget with 15n20 w2 and o1 , this blade is just a straight laminate i forged it for super hard edge , theres alot of sexy carbon in there and has a deferential temper meaning great effort has gone in to make sure its soft and springy in the spine / tang/and ricasso areas but hard as hell on the cutting edge . tooled leather again with pop stud fastner . great working knife that not to flash to see some hard work and strong enough to be great at the worst cutting jobs you can think of .blade length 4 3/4" long nice slender profiled knife .

£90 (also a scandal) which covers uk firstclass recorded delivery .

image_zpsb2a72804.jpg

image_zps284993d3.jpg

image_zpsa814fe19.jpg

image_zps7c968de6.jpg

next is my favorite knife to date #11 , it was the skinner i had for sale the other week , its been re-worked and looks and feels great , got a clip pointed blade flat grind , steel bolster and marlee burr handle , new tooled leather sheath , and i think 200 layer 15n20 and o1 blade .

honestly it feels great , if i was flush i would keep it myself ha ha .

just over the 4" mark on blade length ..

£200 on this bad boy , cover postage to ..

image_zps27648ef0.jpg

image_zpsae4223aa.jpg

image_zpsc1aa3abc.jpg

image_zps57426d45.jpg

image_zps142d6e5b.jpg

i love that knife

ok im sort of bored of this lot so going to make some blanks up , and a few weird and wonderfuls , might not be any damascus for a while im afraid (issues with forging area) but if you really want some i can make it happen , i just need to know they are spoken for at the right price .

all the best , matt

• Like 3

#2 sold then ? thank you

I have another axe I just started today . I little different this one im trying to take the risk of failour out of the construction !!

Iv got two big carbon knives I'm also working on , one more suited to cleaver work I think . It's about 12mm thick steel ? and has Fire welded steel bolsters , it's a full beast !!

And "different" boys toy type thing made from a massive industrial file , has a stylised Japanese blade but it will have a cross guard of ally, big old red stag handle and steel pummel for ballence ..

Just an all round cool tool !

Iv been prototyping for laser cutting all day so will have at least 3 finished hunting knives pretty soon , I'm waiting on leather and handle materials as Allways .

It's fair to say I'm back with a passion and loads of ideas I want to put into production !!

• Like 4

#2 sold then thank you

I have another axe I just started today . I little different this one im trying to take the risk of failour out of the construction !!

Iv got two big carbon knives I'm also working on , one more suited to cleaver work I think . It's about 12mm thick steel and has Fire welded steel bolsters , it's a full beast !!

And "different" boys toy type thing made from a massive industrial file , has a stylised Japanese blade but it will have a cross guard of ally, big old red stag handle and steel pummel for ballence ..

Just an all round cool tool !

Iv been prototyping for laser cutting all day so will have at least 3 finished hunting knives pretty soon , I'm waiting on leather and handle materials as Allways .

It's fair to say I'm back with a passion and loads of ideas I want to put into production !!

great to hear mate :thumbs: