• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No nasty chav calibre

I agree with charlie caller,I too owned a 222 and through sheer stupidity sold it, traded it for a 223,after listening to biased one sided arguments on the differences between them, don t get me wrong

Chaps I can bear witness to Charlie's hornet I've seen the grouping and it was frightening.   I used to think he'd only hit the target twice and the other three he shot away on purpose as you could

Posted Images

.222 it is then, you know it makes sense :thumbs:

Or .223 :D

No nasty chav calibre :whistling:

I'm not a reloader yet but when weighing up my centrefire options I was told that, "You can always reload a .223 to perform like a .222 but not vice versa."

How true this is I don't know but it sounded logical to an newbie centrefire user like me. :D

Do not get a 204 it is the MOST OVER RATED CaLIBER GOING . Had one sold it and got a 222 . 223 hits a lot hard than a 204 . You will not go wrong with a 223 . Have a look on gun trader the a mount of 223 compared to the 204 and hornet . So that says some think . It's like the 17 hornet never take off.

• Like 1

Do not get a 204 it is the MOST OVER RATED CaLIBER GOING . Had one sold it and got a 222 . 223 hits a lot hard than a 204 . You will not go wrong with a 223 . Have a look on gun trader the a mount of 223 compared to the 204 and hornet . So that says some think . It's like the 17 hornet never take off.

Bullshit, .204 will outshoot .222 .223 all day every day. Zeroed at 1" high at 100yds its flat right out past 300yds, which is more than can be said for either of the two .22 cals. I got rid of my .223 and got two .204s one for night one for day. I will never have another .223 ever. Everyone round here thats swapped over from .22 cals to .204 will not go back either.

As for .17 hornet it's a cracking little calibre, again very flat shooting. My mate has shot in excess of 60 foxes with his this year. I was with him last week when he shot a big dog fox at 210yds not a mark on it but was like a bag of jelly. Easy to load for aswell.

Ianm you are talking Shit. One day you will see the light. When you get more experience. There is more 223 sold then 204 so it is not rocket science. END off I do not need to argue about this i am right. If you want start a vote on how many people use 223 or the 204.

So if more 308,s are sold than .243 does that make the 308 better ? Is the 30-06 better than the 25-06 because of sales ?

I have owned both the .223 and the .204 to say the .204 is over rated is nonsense.

Given the choice of a single fox rifle I would choose the .204 all day everyday, and before you scream bull shit again, yes I have plenty of experience.

looks to me that there is ALOT more .223 for sale than .204 or .17hornet?

To me that suggests they are all FOR SALE! Not sold lol

• Like 1

Ianm you are talking Shit. One day you will see the light. When you get more experience. There is more 223 sold then 204 so it is not rocket science. END off I do not need to argue about this i am right. If you want start a vote on how many people use 223 or the 204.

More experience? i have 42 years of shooting experience. The .204 is a relatively new calibre at 10 years old and old fashioned people are reluctant to try anything new but those that do can see it is a far better calibre than .223.

I run my 20" Tikka T3 at a tad over 4100fps and my 24" Tikka T3 at a tad over 4300fps. There is none of that hold over or hold under nonesense, simply put the reticle on the target and squeeze the trigger, result a dead as a doornail fox.

Had both the .223 and .204 in the passed and must say, i found the .223 far better and a lot less expensive.

Never owned a .222, is it more acurate than the .223? or about the same with factory ammo?

To get the best out of .204 you need to reload if you don't then .223 is the way to go. The .222 uses exactly the same bullet as .223 but slower. By the way the parent case for .204 is .222 magnum and uses more powder than either of the .22 cals. I can make 2 1/2 rounds of .204 for £1. The factory rounds i used to buy for my .223 where federal premium 40grn at £29 for 20, kinda takes the fun out of it don't you think.

Right been talking to a friend today who said go for 17 hornet over the 22 what do you guys think?

I have used both, .22 extensively over the years and although it is a good little calibre if i was buying a hornet today it would be the .17.

I think i would go for the cz version rather than savage, factory ammo around here is £20 for 25 but excellent results can be had reloading.

It's great for crows, rabbits etc up to 300yds and fox to 200yds. Nice to shoot, very flat, quiet, no recoil. Certainly worth considering, but try to speak to people who have actually used these calibres for an opinion rather than those who haven't but have an opinion anyway!

• Like 2