Pig hunting italy

Has anybody done any pig hunting in italy? My cousin has moved to the north of italy.When i was over visiting in the summer i spotted some nice working type beagles down the road from his house. Do you think they would be used on pig? They had their ears cropped. I know nothing about this type of sport and was just wondering really what they hunt over there, as i would like to try and have a run out the next time i am over.

• 1 month later...

i worked for the roman foxhounds for 3 seasons. you will find most people that out of town or city in italy hunt wild boar and they use any dog they can that will hunt. the problem in italy is you dont need permision in italy for hunting on land because of the law. but if theres a 10ft fence round the property stay away or you will be shot. the same for armybases. which there is alot of.

theres just 2 foxhounds packs in italy 1 in the north and the roman foxhound.

they shoot anything that flys iand i mean anything. they also hunt porcupine and some other beast that lives under ground. the only problem i found with hunting in italy is to be carefull you dont get shot by some trigger happy italian boar hunter. but they are afriendly bunch of people and 9 times 10 will let you follow them to hunt.