Broken Toes On Running Dogs!!

have any of you guys had experience? one of mine broke 3 about 4 weeks ago and is hopefully (find out monday) ready to start rehabilitation!! wondering if there is anything to watch out for!! not planning on running him until at least this time next year.

cheers baz

if all 3 were on the same foot ?could be a whole host of problems in the future. Were the toes pin fired or just reset? was there any tendon damage ? front or back leg? what age is the dog and what x

Edited by desertbred

We have had track dogs with problem toes and always ended up having them removed as reoccurrence of these injuries is common, saying that this was a few years back and treatment is probably better nowadays. I would be more worried about tightening of tendons and ligaments / mobility around the joints effected in the long run atb with the recovery

Sorry to that bud its a nightmare when they bust toes. Mine bust one last year and it took well over 6 months to heal properly. Went lamping 2 week back and he was pulling sideways on the slip and iv ended up treading on his back toe looks broke at the base of his nail. Got my fingers crossed this wont take as long to heal.