N V scopes

Guest Brownbear

Deben night vision is very good if you just want something to put in a long sock and hit someone over the head with. You really do get what you pay for, and I won't stock Deben NV as I wouldn't use it myself.

My advice is to take a deep breath and double your budget, and go for one of the Cobra scopes. Cheap nightvision is a seriously false economy.

i got myself a cobra merlin with 90mw laser. i can see clearly out to 150yds / 200yds. at the moment its only attached to my rimmy so i dont have the need to shoot past 100yds, but its always good to see that extra bit further.. plus its handy when i go on certain pieces of land where the rimmy wouldnt be safe, then i just stick it on my rapid and away i go. well worth the money. i have the short eye relief which is perfect for the rimmy as it has no kick. get this setup for around £550.

theres another member on here " MAGWITCH " who has the same, ask his opinion.aswell.

richie

DSCF0601.jpg

Guest Brownbear
were did you buy your night vision ritchie ,,i am after a night vision set up myself ..also a question for brown bear do you sell nv just noticed you saying you would,nt stock deben

Well yes I do, I demonstrate and sell it, but I'm not here to market stuff. Just, I won't sell anything unless I'd be happy to use it myself. I don't sell AGS or Hawke scopes either, on the grounds that they're neither use nor ornament. I did try Deben stuff but regretted it. Find someone local who'll let you take a look through the kit is my advice.

hi my mate selling brand new monocular envis gen 3 with omi v tube in it what usa army using now so best in world can headmount it or gun mount it get what pay for he only asking £1200 and he got brand ir laser 120 mw goes from dot to football £200 gun adater for this is £84 head set £50 so if wont best set up give me e mail i put you on to him

• 4 weeks later...
i got myself a cobra merlin with 90mw laser. i can see clearly out to 150yds / 200yds. at the moment its only attached to my rimmy so i dont have the need to shoot past 100yds, but its always good to see that extra bit further.. plus its handy when i go on certain pieces of land where the rimmy wouldnt be safe, then i just stick it on my rapid and away i go. well worth the money. i have the short eye relief which is perfect for the rimmy as it has no kick. get this setup for around £550.

theres another member on here " MAGWITCH " who has the same, ask his opinion.aswell.

richie

DSCF0601.jpg

What I know about Nightvision is that I can'f afford what I really want.

This setup... which seems to bolt on the back of an existing scope........how on earth do you hold/shoot this gun without it taking your eye out, and even more so if it was on a bigger centrefire!

deker

my rimmy doesnt have any kick back. i can either place my eye right up against the eye piece which is rubber or keep my eye an inch back the same as looking through any scope... if you were to put one of these on a centre fire you just get the longer eye relief... if you end up with your head too far back just get lean forward mounts..

this setup for me is perfect.. best bit of money ive ever spent..

richie

Richie, I've been looking at the cobra merlin to fit on my rapid. Just wandering how you get on with it on your rapid and did you have to put lean forward mounts on yours, or change your scope? I'm hoping to use it with a Simmons 3.5-10x50WTC if it'll fit. Only out to about 30ish yards on rats and rabbits. Any info appreciated :thumbs:

Richie, I've been looking at the cobra merlin to fit on my rapid. Just wandering how you get on with it on your rapid and did you have to put lean forward mounts on yours, or change your scope? I'm hoping to use it with a Simmons 3.5-10x50WTC if it'll fit. Only out to about 30ish yards on rats and rabbits. Any info appreciated :thumbs:

fits straight onto my rapid no prob with the scope ive got.. i fitted the scope far forward as possible without causing any obstructions for the magazine to slide in, didnt need to fit lean forward mounts either. its just a matter of having your cheek abit further back on the butt. i mainly shoot from my vehicle so i rest the front end on the wing mirror and firmy hold the butt in place.

if you have a merlin & your only going to be shooting out to 30/40 yds the picture quality & clarity will be spot on, youll be able to see their whiskers.

i know you dont need a powerfull illuminator at those distances & youll probably be ok with a cheaper ir illuminator but personally i would spend the extra & go for a 90mw laser, youll be able to see out to 150yds+. come in handy when you decide to upgrade to putting it on a rimfire or centrefire & the 90mw lasers hold their money.

visit this site & have a chat with a bloke called geoffrey.. tell him what your needs are & he will look after you.

http://www.nightvisionsuppliesltd.co.uk/merlintac.php

great after sales service..

richie

Been thinking about getting some new NV scopes i have £1000 to spend(£600 if the wife asks) & been looking at the Deben D-24IR Gen 2+, does anybody have these if so are they any good or any recommends.

Cheers Lee :thumbs:

Ask Moletrapper, he has a similar scope