Effective Hunting Setups , Beginners Guide ( Discussion)

Guest OutdoorFanatic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OTT (over the top,) bands are pulled over the top of forks and ammo passes over the forks. TTF (through the forks) bands are tied to the side of the forks, ammo passes through the forks PFS (pickle

Rarely does a month go by that we do not have a new member asking for advice on an effective hunting setup for various game. Whilst most can find the answers to their questions by spending some time r

Over the top. So your bands are drawn so they go over the top of he forks. TTF is when the bands go over the sides of the cattu

Guest OutdoorFanatic

SSA = Soldier side arm , it was a small catapult made from camo micarta and a stainless steel core - they were made by dragonfly slingshots but i think he stopped making catapults .

OTT (over the top,) bands are pulled over the top of forks and ammo passes over the forks.

TTF (through the forks) bands are tied to the side of the forks, ammo passes through the forks

PFS (pickle fork shooter) catty with no cup section, only a small gap to allow band attachment, bands pulled over the top of forks, catty is then flicked forward just after pouch is released to the make ammo pass over the forks and not straight into your hand!!

Pouch can also be twisted 90 degrees before release, this then makes the ammo fly up and over the forks,

BANDS ( flat latex bands cut to various widths to give more power etc,)

TUBES ( round tubes of latex, can be used as singles, doubles etc

SQUARES ( old school catty elastics, don't know much about them, good for launching lead I've read)

Sps,ssa,pocket poacher,chunky milbro, scout, pheasant stopper, pocket rocket etc etc etc are just names of different shaped catties, name given by the maker of the catty.

• Like 5

Hope nobody minds a post from the opposite direction i.e. from a novice asking questions.

As I've said, I'm a complete novice but, after a lot of reading on here plus watching a few videos, I'm very intrigued by the Simpleshot Scout. Although part of me thinks it's a bit daft to import one from the States when there are so many already available here I also can't help noticing one main positive. The fact that I AM a complete novice means I currently have no idea which grip suits me best, which orientation etc and the Scout, by it's very nature, allows for a lot of experimentation in this respect.

Any thoughts...particularly from those who have got one?

Thanks in advance. :thumbs:

P.S. you can p.m. me if you'd like to keep it off this thread. :angel:

Guest OutdoorFanatic

Like you said the downside to buying scouts is the delivery from the US a mate of mine got one and had to pay a custom charge which was only a couple of quid but if you buy one in the UK it just saves the hassle , they should only take 4-7 week to arrive but when ive orderd tubes from the US they seem to take longer than the stated time but that just may be my luck lol.

The scout would be great for you if you want to try the diffrent shooting styles and diffrent grips , i've heard the scout stands up well to forkhits as well but depends on the size of the ammo ;) if i had the spare cash i'd get one but havnt at the minute, the flipclips are great too they simply hold the bands or tubes on the frame by just tightining them up over the bands with a screwdriver this saves messing around tieing the bands on using a small strip of band that can sometimes be really annoying when you first start banding up. cheers

Edited by OutdoorFanatic
  • 1 month later...