Sign in to follow this  
vin

Waterproofs.... Seriously ? Sealand/barber/harkila/deerhunter ?

What we need is " Barbour Onesie"... all in one suit with Knee pads,re-enforced ass and bollox pads..and double thickness bottoms for the brambles and gorse,

removable hood with peak and face protection...all taped seams and breathable holes under arms and bollox. ..plus a steel plate for the under-carriage area to protect the wedding tackle whilst climbing over barbed wire fences.. add a few pockets for the ginsters steak pie and a bottle of water.. and definitely water proof pocket for Phone and electrical items.

A bit like a Ski suit but for hunting instead..

anyone got a sewing machine ? I could donate 2 jackets and a pair of trousers..lol

like this? http://www.bushwear.co.uk/swedteam-overalls-camo-arktis.html

Ive got a Browning goretex hydro fleece cost about $400-£240 must be 10 years(when mossy oak first come out),still going strong, if you want to spend a few quid on a coat that's goino to last, have a look on the Bass pro Web site, even with the delivery charges you can save a fortune, especially on the (stalkers)sent lock stuff.

Edited by slip lead

Got a harkila pro hunter coat here for sale if anyone is interested. Stupidly bought it knowing it's too big for me and now I'm stuck with a coat that's no good unless iv got something thick on underneath. Far too hot when walking with the under layer. 250 posted........

Got a harkila pro hunter coat here for sale if anyone is interested. Stupidly bought it knowing it's too big for me and now I'm stuck with a coat that's no good unless iv got something thick on underneath. Far too hot when walking with the under layer. 250 posted........

LOL I did exactly the same. f***ing mental sizing eh?

Yes, that's it: had been spelling it wrong :icon_redface::laugh:

Seriously good stuff: virtually untearable, very strong material, and in my experience a lot more breathable than any other I've tried, as well as being both warm and not too hot. Only drawback is the slight stiffness in new coats: I've had mine over ten years and it's now nice and soft, and in just as good nick as when new. Andy wears his ferreting a lot and it hasn't got a single rip in it: would definitely recommend.

• Like 1