Sign in to follow this  
vin

Waterproofs.... Seriously ? Sealand/barber/harkila/deerhunter ?

Ive used some of that nikwax treatment on my gear.. green for wash and purple for protect...plus I've sprayed it with the protector stuff aswell.

I'm out with the lamp later.. looking forward to see if its any better now.

I was still sweating from the inside the other day when I was digging...that's just as bad when the wind gets up yer back... Ya can't win either way. ;)

Ive used some of that nikwax treatment on my gear.. green for wash and purple for protect...plus I've sprayed it with the protector stuff aswell.

I'm out with the lamp later.. looking forward to see if its any better now.

I was still sweating from the inside the other day when I was digging...that's just as bad when the wind gets up yer back... Ya can't win either way. ;)

Result... = load of bollox.

I did the treatments and the spray..Went out lamping last night...got into a nice steady shower,nothing to drastic etc etc..End result = wet through to the ball bags again...

Any Improvements with the treatments.?.. Yes for about 5 mins. . . End Result.. Seeland keeper outfit = poor performance.. Not Breathable ,No Water protection.

I Give Up.

Vin I have a Agile coat its 9/10 year old never let in on me..

I hear the new stuff ain't as good as the old..

I have a karrimor Weathertite coat thats water thats also not let me down..

go on ebay type army goretex bib and brace you can get them for 20 odd pound wear them over anything tuff and waterproof

Discovered this whilst surfing the net www.chevalieruk.co.uk it's a product from Sweden the UK distributor is in Leeds and it's quality gear. I've bought loads for the season. No more House of Bruar for me.

Cheers Marko

Discovered this whilst surfing the net www.chevalieruk.co.uk it's a product from Sweden the UK distributor is in Leeds and it's quality gear. I've bought loads for the season. No more House of Bruar for me.

Cheers Marko

But have you yet had a chance to put it through its paces? Been out all day in a downpour etc? On more than one occasion I've been caught out by all the sales talk only to discover a few months down the road that it's not all it's cracked up to be.

• Like 1

What we need is " Barbour Onesie"... all in one suit with Knee pads,re-enforced ass and bollox pads..and double thickness bottoms for the brambles and gorse,

removable hood with peak and face protection...all taped seams and breathable holes under arms and bollox. ..plus a steel plate for the under-carriage area to protect the wedding tackle whilst climbing over barbed wire fences.. add a few pockets for the ginsters steak pie and a bottle of water.. and definitely water proof pocket for Phone and electrical items.

A bit like a Ski suit but for hunting instead..

anyone got a sewing machine ? I could donate 2 jackets and a pair of trousers..lol

What we need is " Barbour Onesie"... all in one suit with Knee pads,re-enforced ass and bollox pads..and double thickness bottoms for the brambles and gorse,

removable hood with peak and face protection...all taped seams and breathable holes under arms and bollox. ..plus a steel plate for the under-carriage area to protect the wedding tackle whilst climbing over barbed wire fences.. add a few pockets for the ginsters steak pie and a bottle of water.. and definitely water proof pocket for Phone and electrical items.

anyone got a sewing machine ? I could donate 2 jackets and a pair of trousers..lol

Your going to donate stuff ? What so they could make a suit for a child :laugh: .............

£400 for a coat?, on THL?, are you joking?. If it's not under £19.99 and not in camo, that is a must have, nobody will be interested. Some don't pay £20 for a car !!!!

Edited by jessdale
  • Like 1

Your going to donate stuff ? What so they could make a suit for a child :laugh: .............

heheeee like a romper suit..

• Like 1