Waterproofs.... Seriously ? Sealand/barber/harkila/deerhunter ?

Guest vin

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

400 for a coat,,,,I've spent far less on cars,,,lol

You won't beat an army gortex jacket for being waterproof BUT they are not as breathable as other jackets ... But get yourself a heli Hansen base layer top which sucks up any moisture and combined wit

If it's for walking about fields lamping/coursing you will not beat a paramo velez smock. Wash it regularly and nothing will keep you as dry and comfortable. The Buffalo special 6 shirt is also great

Discovered this whilst surfing the net www.chevalieruk.co.uk it's a product from Sweden the UK distributor is in Leeds and it's quality gear. I've bought loads for the season. No more House of Bruar for me.

Cheers Marko

But have you yet had a chance to put it through its paces? Been out all day in a downpour etc? On more than one occasion I've been caught out by all the sales talk only to discover a few months down the road that it's not all it's cracked up to be.

What we need is " Barbour Onesie"... all in one suit with Knee pads,re-enforced ass and bollox pads..and double thickness bottoms for the brambles and gorse,

removable hood with peak and face protection...all taped seams and breathable holes under arms and bollox. ..plus a steel plate for the under-carriage area to protect the wedding tackle whilst climbing over barbed wire fences.. add a few pockets for the ginsters steak pie and a bottle of water.. and definitely water proof pocket for Phone and electrical items.

A bit like a Ski suit but for hunting instead..

anyone got a sewing machine ? I could donate 2 jackets and a pair of trousers..lol

What we need is " Barbour Onesie"... all in one suit with Knee pads,re-enforced ass and bollox pads..and double thickness bottoms for the brambles and gorse,

removable hood with peak and face protection...all taped seams and breathable holes under arms and bollox. ..plus a steel plate for the under-carriage area to protect the wedding tackle whilst climbing over barbed wire fences.. add a few pockets for the ginsters steak pie and a bottle of water.. and definitely water proof pocket for Phone and electrical items.

anyone got a sewing machine ? I could donate 2 jackets and a pair of trousers..lol

Your going to donate stuff ? What so they could make a suit for a child :laugh: .............

Your going to donate stuff ? What so they could make a suit for a child :laugh: .............

heheeee like a romper suit..

like this? http://www.bushwear.co.uk/swedteam-overalls-camo-arktis.html

Ive got a Browning goretex hydro fleece cost about $400-£240 must be 10 years(when mossy oak first come out),still going strong, if you want to spend a few quid on a coat that's goino to last, have a look on the Bass pro Web site, even with the delivery charges you can save a fortune, especially on the (stalkers)sent lock stuff.

Edited by slip lead

Got a harkila pro hunter coat here for sale if anyone is interested. Stupidly bought it knowing it's too big for me and now I'm stuck with a coat that's no good unless iv got something thick on underneath. Far too hot when walking with the under layer. 250 posted........