Waterproofs.... Seriously ? Sealand/barber/harkila/deerhunter ?

Guest vin

GORTEX pro shell is the material you're looking for.

3rd season wearing this.

Had everything thrown at it and never failed.

http://m.ellis-brigham.com/products/mountain-equipment/mens-kamchatka-jacket/228468#overview

Very, very tough material, smooth surface aswell so less likley to snag on anything.

Top end for waterproofness AND breathability.

I really rate it, pretty much bullet proof.

Just, for the second time, washed and reproofed it using these two products

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikwax-Tech-Wash-Direct-Wash-In/dp/B001RE3FLO

Just for general maintenance, keeps the crap out of the fabric so it stays breathable and keeps the water beading on top.

You can get the bottoms also.

Not saying they are the exact bits of kit you're after, but the GORTEX PRO SHELL (or even the newer GORTEX PRO ) is a material that ticks a lot of your boxes.

Rember.... there are lots of types of GORTEX out there...

As a side note, i wont't wear my seeland keeper trousers unless it's -5c out or less, after 10 minutes my balls are swimming!!

Hope thats a bit of help.

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

400 for a coat,,,,I've spent far less on cars,,,lol

You won't beat an army gortex jacket for being waterproof BUT they are not as breathable as other jackets ... But get yourself a heli Hansen base layer top which sucks up any moisture and combined wit

If it's for walking about fields lamping/coursing you will not beat a paramo velez smock. Wash it regularly and nothing will keep you as dry and comfortable. The Buffalo special 6 shirt is also great

Some cheap gear there Tomo just ordered some Gortex bottoms..

Anyone had Grade 1 boots ?? See they sell altberg defenders for £50 ....

Thats well cheap but I have never fancied the idea of second hand footwear..

Some cheap gear there Tomo just ordered some Gortex bottoms.. Anyone had Grade 1 boots ?? See they sell altberg defenders for £50 .... Thats well cheap but I have never fancied the idea of second hand footwear..

Have a pair of the extreme cold weather boots, grade 2, mine were like new, also a very good boot.

• Like 1

What happened to Cammo coats? We have a couple, and the trousers. Soft, completely waterproof, breathable, and built to last: but I can't find a website for them any more. Did the go out of business?

yes i remember those,wonder

These are a bit pricey, but to me Paramo is the most water resistant breathable gear on the market, living in the wet highlands weve tried all sorts over the years.. the mountain rescue round here swear by it in all weathers. Im going to invest in the new Halcon Jacket myself as it comes in a neutral green without the reflective strips etc. They on offer at Outbacktrading.co.uk 60 quid cheaper than buying off the paramo website.

I work outdoors all day every day and if I,m not working I,m out in it shooting or hunting

I,ve tried most of the sugestions except paramo

most leak or are too hot to walk any distance in

best I,ve found for durability and price is mod jacket with a cheap thin fleece under it

best pants are post office issue gortex< ask your postman>

Ive used some of that nikwax treatment on my gear.. green for wash and purple for protect...plus I've sprayed it with the protector stuff aswell.

I'm out with the lamp later.. looking forward to see if its any better now.

I was still sweating from the inside the other day when I was digging...that's just as bad when the wind gets up yer back... Ya can't win either way. ;)

Ive used some of that nikwax treatment on my gear.. green for wash and purple for protect...plus I've sprayed it with the protector stuff aswell.

I'm out with the lamp later.. looking forward to see if its any better now.

I was still sweating from the inside the other day when I was digging...that's just as bad when the wind gets up yer back... Ya can't win either way. ;)

Result... = load of bollox.

I did the treatments and the spray..Went out lamping last night...got into a nice steady shower,nothing to drastic etc etc..End result = wet through to the ball bags again...

Any Improvements with the treatments.?.. Yes for about 5 mins. . . End Result.. Seeland keeper outfit = poor performance.. Not Breathable ,No Water protection.

I Give Up.