Where I am you have to do a decent walk for a good nights lampung tbh unless you have a good lurcher so day is good as there is a lot to do but a night in the right spot is cracking !

Think I'm going to get a Cree red led torch for 5 quid good reviews on them and 100m beam can't go wrong

They aint 100m beam pal lol you can see a dot from 100m if your mate shone it at you im using an ultrafire t6 cree off ebay about 30 quid with rechargeable lithium battery and charger which actually is a good torchn weve lamped bunny with dog with it

Never ever been roosting. Before looks good but don't know what sort of areas to go as a starting point I have a few bits of broad leaf woodland and lots of fern tree type woodland any pointers on where's best ? There's more pheasants in the fern type places but as there evergreen I guess be a pain to see even in the day an the broadleaf woodland I'm not sure if it holds many